Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Abandoned Town (Community Project) (/thread-25082.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - FlawlessHappiness - 04-30-2014

(04-30-2014, 05:13 AM)Amn Wrote: If you guys like making levels that much
why don't you work on the Amnesia's maps, and you know, try to make them more creepy.
More like Amnesia 2.0 or whatever. It's around 70mb all the levels. Then upload to moddb > ?? > profit.

It is actually a really good idea, to expand Amnesia much more than it is already... Open hallways that were closed before...

Like a: ManyHands the Full Conversion!

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - CarnivorousJelly - 05-01-2014

Sounds cool :D

We also have yours (Flawless) and Red's idea with the town hub thing so, maybe we should start with one of those two soon. Could leave this open if anyone else wants to submit more stuff while the other project's going on anyways :p

If we're ending this one before starting the next community project, there's room for 4 more areas (I didn't count Hardarm's) off of what's currently built, assuming the next four people to contribute make their rooms dead-ends (or loops). People would still be able to edit their own areas after everything's been closed off, (I need to finish mine >.>) but no new editions could be made. Once everyone's happy with their contribution, we could do the video walkthrough thing/post this in the showcase formatted like a CS/have a party.

I'm happy with either option; what do you guys think?

Edit: Since you guys came up with the ideas, you should make the final decision and the new thread(s) - I wouldn't want accidental credit for your brilliance :p

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - Streetboat - 05-01-2014

i'd love a party

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - Vale - 05-01-2014

a full conversion..? Sounds really cool, but impossible to operate and give direction to...

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - 7heDubz - 05-01-2014

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fop8lr3y4acq5ao/8hQVslRdNd

Actually started doing such a thing, remaking the whole thing to be unbroken and nice and day stuff.

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - PutraenusAlivius - 05-01-2014

(05-01-2014, 01:11 AM)Kia Wrote: Sounds cool Big Grin

We also have yours (Flawless) and Red's idea with the town hub thing so, maybe we should start with one of those two soon. Could leave this open if anyone else wants to submit more stuff while the other project's going on anyways :p

If we're ending this one before starting the next community project, there's room for 4 more areas (I didn't count Hardarm's) off of what's currently built, assuming the next four people to contribute make their rooms dead-ends (or loops). People would still be able to edit their own areas after everything's been closed off, (I need to finish mine >.>) but no new editions could be made. Once everyone's happy with their contribution, we could do the video walkthrough thing/post this in the showcase formatted like a CS/have a party.

I'm happy with either option; what do you guys think?

Edit: Since you guys came up with the ideas, you should make the final decision and the new thread(s) - I wouldn't want accidental credit for your brilliance :p

My bar map for the Town idea is collecting dust right now so yeah...

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - Hardarm - 05-01-2014

Kia read my culling fog post, though Tongue

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - Daemian - 05-01-2014

If you go for the amnesia remake, someone should do as director.
Just to collect the maps, have them organized. You know, keep track of the progress
and tell others what maps are free/taken. And at the end, upload it.

As for me, I'm kinda of busy lately, I don't think I can play that role, but I'd like to do some maps.
There's 27 by the way. If each takes 3 maps we got 9 participants. Just thinking.

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - Artsy - 05-01-2014

I thought about it, I'm not working on another room. Out of ideas. And I have to work on my CS too. There's just a few small things that I wanna change in my room. And that's it from me. :p
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually may give it a try, but if so, it'd be a really small room. Is that OK?

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - CarnivorousJelly - 05-01-2014

There's no room size restrictions on the ManyHands map if that's what you're asking c: