Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Abandoned Town (Community Project) (/thread-25082.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - Streetboat - 05-19-2014

The last iteration I played was version 23, and I have to say, artsy, your room has improved a ton since then. It looks really, really good now. I love the architecture you used around the altar. The only thing I would say you should change is just to flip the door leading out 180 degrees, because the bar blocking the way doesn't do anything, since the door opens away from it. Is there a way to get to your other area without changing the playerstart in the custom_story_settings?

also, something I noticed in the editor Tongue
[Image: Li3EaNq.jpg]
[Image: 3MAsKrH.jpg]

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - Artsy - 05-19-2014

Thank you!
And yeah I screwed something up with the lever stuff and just put a barricade bar around it until I figure something out. I'll possibly bring it back if I start it over with that. Or not, I'll see if I make a good puzzle with the bar now. Tongue
About the candle on the book, it's not lit anymore. Smile

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - Streetboat - 05-19-2014

the candle wasn't a criticism, I just thought it was funny. ;P

also, the candle model is made in such a way to look like it was stuck on whatever surface it was and then melted on, so that means it's a fairly permanent (as long as the candle is going) installation, which begs the question, why would a candle be stuck onto a stack of books? were the books thrown into a pile and willingly forgotten about, only to be used as a lighting prop? these are good things to keep in mind when designing the various riffraff in a room Wink a good alternative to that candle model that you can still place on the books is the handheld one, with the little bronze holder that has a handle. that implies that it was just set there to provide temporary light, rather than being a semi-permanent lighting solution for that whole area.

Yeah, I guess you could say that. I honestly didn't really think about it earlier when I made it. Tongue
Also, all intractable objects are made static so that they wouldn't just fly around and go through walls like they did in the very first version I released for this area (think it was ver 7 or 8).

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - CarnivorousJelly - 05-19-2014

(05-19-2014, 11:30 AM)artsyracoon Wrote: Are we gonna make a final (dead end) area to end everything since I think the map file is already too big and besides nobody wants to contribute anymore, at least not now. Any thoughts on how we can do this?

I think we can just lock the doors leading to nothing and use the default message of "It won't budge" to make them dead-ends c:

On a different note, your map's looking good, Artsy!

(05-19-2014, 07:16 PM)Kia Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 11:30 AM)artsyracoon Wrote: Are we gonna make a final (dead end) area to end everything since I think the map file is already too big and besides nobody wants to contribute anymore, at least not now. Any thoughts on how we can do this?

I think we can just lock the doors leading to nothing and use the default message of "It won't budge" to make them dead-ends c:

On a different note, your map's looking good, Artsy!

Why thank you!
Also, are you going to finish that room with the red lights and the rose?
And what were those wax cylinders supposed to be used on? I couldn't use them on anything.

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - CarnivorousJelly - 05-20-2014

I do intend to finish it c: I'll let everyone else clean up and finish their parts first though

The wax cylinders were supposed to be little tins of rosin for the string instruments (guess that didn't work :p)

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - PutraenusAlivius - 05-20-2014

(05-20-2014, 03:54 PM)Kia Wrote: I do intend to finish it c: I'll let everyone else clean up and finish their parts first though

The wax cylinders were supposed to be little tins of rosin for the string instruments (guess that didn't work :p)

A rosin but no bow?

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - CarnivorousJelly - 05-20-2014

There are bows. One beside the cello, one on top of the violin.

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - Artsy - 05-21-2014

Hey guys, I'm not currently working on the project since I've been busy the past couple of days and I'm not in my city now but I should be back soon. Smile

I am back - resuming my working session now.
I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO YOU GUYS ABOUT PUTTING ENEMIES. Put a suitor in my room and ran like hell when he started chasing me in Kia's rooms... and yes, he did fall down the hole. :c
I'm removing the enemy now. VAV