Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Abandoned Town (Community Project) (/thread-25082.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - Daktoa - 07-20-2014

I'm a complete amateur at mapping and level design, but if you have room for a newbie to try to make a room in this collab I'd love to be a part of it.

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) - 07-21-2014

watch all of mudbill amnesia tutorial it has every video u need to no
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIYfl4qBRihBjRpmQL-izQ4xdAtLblU36

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - CarnivorousJelly - 07-21-2014

(07-20-2014, 10:29 AM)Daktoa Wrote: I'm a complete amateur at mapping and level design, but if you have room for a newbie to try to make a room in this collab I'd love to be a part of it.

Everyone's welcome to join in Smile No matter how skilled you are!

I'm also working on the outdoor area now >.> Hope this goes well....

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - CarnivorousJelly - 07-21-2014

Yes, Master Robosprog...
Spoiler below!

but what about roads?

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - CarnivorousJelly - 07-22-2014

THE ROADS MUST BE PERFECT

RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project? - CarnivorousJelly - 07-22-2014

but too much effort for a few silly potholes on a cobble-stone street- oooh I could put actual water in them and stuff. Fine. We'll see what happens :p

Town Hub Project
Alright, setting out some new rules - sorta.
Spoiler below!

1. AMFP assets are ALLOWED since this project consists of multiple maps, which do not have to be passed around (and I have amfp). Please list the amfp assets used so I can include them in the file for those who didn't install amfp and still want to play the map.
  2. Custom assets still not allowed - we want to keep this as small as possible :)
  3. If you want to join (and haven't already explicitly stated), tell me - reply here or pm, whatever - so I can add your name to the list
  4. Tell me what you're making, please. Since I'm making the outdoor area currently, it would be nice to know what kind of buildings I need to make
  5. Script your pretty hearts away, but if I see a flying jesus, it will be removed come on, those things are old news and serve no purpose but to irritate players.
  6. If there is need for an extra_english.lang file, THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE LANG FILE. It'll get passed between people. We don't need to have two people using the same category/entry names for two completely different things. That would suck.
  7. To avoid having the project slowly sputter to a halt, I'm thinking of throwing in a (flexible) dead-line: August 25, 2014 That gives you more than a month to finish your area.
  8. Please collaborate with each other, it would be great to see some coherence between areas :D

Current Contributors
  • Flawless - Dropped
  • Artsy Racoon - Dropped
  • Romulator - Dropped
  • Carnivorous Jellybean - Map's half finished, but I'll finish it if anyone rejoins
  • JustAnotherPlayer - Specs given but map never arrived
  • Daktoa - dropped
  • victorkim - provided a map from Abandon Castle
  • endosine - dropped
  • Red - story
  • EchoHalls - I don't know what happened

I believe lack of time was probably the opposite of the issue here; there was too much time, so, like students given a 6 month project on the first day of school, everyone procrastinated until the deadline was looming over them, then backed out because life got in the way and this has nothing to do with school grades.

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - PutraenusAlivius - 07-22-2014

Dudes I'm making the pub. You guys make the park and whatnot.

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Romulator - 07-22-2014

What kind of era and town are we working on? I wouldn't mind trying to make a motel or small hotel of some sort :3

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - PutraenusAlivius - 07-22-2014

Probably in the 1900-1907.

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - CarnivorousJelly - 07-22-2014

Rom, you're welcome to make a hotel/inn/motel :3 it could be an old town that just aged horribly into the 21st century, or it could be a very old town.

Oh and, speaking of story, if anyone's looking for a story for this: since we do have a lang file (artsy has it now), feel free to toss around ideas. The furthest I got was "town is abandoned, everyone had their reason for leaving, it's up to the mappers to say what that reason was, and up to the players to see find out". If you hate that idea, change it, discuss it :p go "screw you, we're actually in a submarine 12 years after the events of SOMA"

Just don't feel restricted, m'kay? c: