Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Abandoned Town (Community Project) (/thread-25082.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Romulator - 07-27-2014

Oh yeah, just one more thing - how architecturally realistic are we going here?

Like: If it appears big on the inside, our building in the overworld will be of similar size?

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - CarnivorousJelly - 07-27-2014

Many Hands did get released (here) - and this one has a deadline of August 25 to submit everything, then I do a little jiggery-pokery and release it August 27th at the latest (giving myself a day to do any necessary scripting and flying-naked-guy murdering)

Rom, don't worry about the outside - I'm trying to take care of that while building the main hub, but I'll definitely try to keep things relative (a house would be smaller than a tavern or an inn). If you have any specifics (eg: it's fifteen floors high), I'll try to add that too

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Streetboat - 07-27-2014

yay : D

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Red - 07-27-2014

Is there anything corresponding to the story yet? Does this story have a story?
I've got an idea, but I would be ideal if the setting was inside a motel/hotel/mansion or a castle.
I can participate for mapping, story writing or scripting. I have a good amount of experience in them all.
However, time is something I'd love to have more, so I would recommend cooperation with someone rather than putting me do some own separate work. I can improve mapping, write scripts, just name it, and I'll look can I do something for you.

Heya Red, I'd love to have a coherent storyline for this, so far, it's been "this place is abandoned, each mapper decides why their area's been abandoned, up to the player to figure it out". You're welcome to participate in absolutely everything Big Grin

And yeah, discussion/cooperation between parts would be great!

Most of the current information is here

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Red - 07-27-2014

I'll try to think something around it. In fact, I got a really brilliant yet horrific idea to base this on already. I'll take a look at the things, as they progress. It's easier to assemble themes and settings together as such. So I know more what I am writing. And also, if you people need help on anything, just ask.
You can count me in, I am definitely looking forward to this project.

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Nice - 07-27-2014

hows studying going?

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) - 07-27-2014

(07-21-2014, 08:36 PM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: working on the outdoor area now >.> Hope this goes well....

you have to make the outdoor like the destiny rebellion CS if its possible
[Image: Destiny_Rebellion_2.jpg]

RE: Abandoned Town (Community Project) - Mudbill - 07-27-2014

I think Destiny Rebellion was more recognized for its creativity than its visuals and story. Of course creativity is important and that certainly made it an above-average CS, but there are certainly better ways to approach an outside area.

Though, if you're limited to the default assets it could be more of a challenge.

Don't worry, Sprigs, I'll make it look pretty c: