Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Give me idea. - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: Give me idea. (/thread-25270.html)

Pages: 1 2

Give me idea. - Straxedix - 05-11-2014

Ok hello guys i'm working on my FC (first think i ever created on Amnesia) so i need a help from you :)

-To Make a Hospital or to make a Hotel or to make a House or Castle

-To put Jumpscares ?

-To put Music ?

-To put A LOT of puzzles ?

-To make some nice beginning ?

-To hide a keys ?

-Give me some more tips PLEASE :)

-Because it is my first FC and CS i ever made i wanna be some good that players will enjoy and be scared :)

Please help me to make a progress :)

RE: Give me idea. - FlawlessHappiness - 05-11-2014

To create something you first need to know why.

How do you do that? You create a story!
Write a story. That's the first thing you need to do.

RE: Give me idea. - Radical Batz - 05-11-2014

Custom stories should have good atmosphere, good puzzles, very good mapping and detailing, custom stuff(lots of people like to see new stuff in a custom story) such as custom music, custom entites etc.... Don't make to much jumpscares, you don't want a custom story just full of jumpscares and that's it!

I don't like custom stories where all you have to do is find keys and open doors and find more keys, and last but not least is a good story! A custom story should have a well story, and don't forget to be creative! that is all the tips I can give you Smile Goodluck with your mod/Custom Story!

RE: Give me idea. - Straxedix - 05-11-2014

(05-11-2014, 08:04 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: To create something you first need to know why.

How do you do that? You create a story!
Write a story. That's the first thing you need to do.

I know :)

Spoiler below!
MORE TIPS :D :D :D

(05-11-2014, 08:05 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: Custom stories should have good atmosphere, good puzzles, very good mapping and detailing, custom stuff(lots of people like to see new stuff in a custom story) such as custom music, custom entites etc.... Don't make to much jumpscares, you don't want a custom story just full of jumpscares and that's it!

I don't like custom stories where all you have to do is find keys and open doors and find more keys, and last but not least is a good story! A custom story should have a well story, and don't forget to be creative! that is all the tips I can give you :) Goodluck with your mod/Custom Story!

Thanks! :)

RE: Give me idea. - Nice - 05-11-2014

what you're asking is the same if you were asking

Should I put cheese on my pizza?
Should I put ketchup on it?
Should I put mushrooms on it?

RE: Give me idea. - OriginalUsername - 05-11-2014

Here's a tip: don't start working on a FC right away. Make a smaller custom story, get used to the tools, get better at creating puzzles and writing a story and get some confidence before you start a massive project like a full conversion.

RE: Give me idea. - Traggey - 05-12-2014

Moooved~!

RE: Give me idea. - Daemian - 05-12-2014

(05-11-2014, 11:01 PM)OriginalUsername Wrote: Here's a tip: don't start working on a FC right away. Make a smaller custom story, get used to the tools, get better at creating puzzles and writing a story and get some confidence before you start a massive project like a full conversion.
And play more. Watch and learn.

RE: Give me idea. - Straxedix - 05-12-2014

Thanks! on NICE ? wishes :D

RE: Give me idea. - DnALANGE - 05-12-2014

Not here for myself or promotion!!!
-
Try downloading White Night \ mental memorial for example.
Those are in hospitals, check them out and look how they (me) created the hospitals \ elevators \ outside envirements etc etc..
OVerall, i would LOVE to see another FC in a hospital, but hopefull a GOOD one, and ... we LOVE details and good mapping, so... high hopes Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin