Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Furguson, Missouri - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Furguson, Missouri (/thread-25860.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Furguson, Missouri - Kman - 08-19-2014

wow you're right black officers detaining a white person in a town where only 3 out of 53 police officers are black you have truly proven that reverse racism is real and the white man is the real one being oppressed

dogfood i really don't know how much further you can go with this without just straight up acknowledging you're being racist???

RE: Furguson, Missouri - Nice - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 12:02 PM)Kman Wrote: dogfood i really don't know how much further you can go with this without just straight up acknowledging you're being racist???

obviously

RE: Furguson, Missouri - Kreekakon - 08-19-2014

Ok Dogfood that's enough fun. Stop trolling the thread, and say something upfront if you want to say something.

RE: Furguson, Missouri - MrWhitticus - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 12:25 PM)Dogfood Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 12:02 PM)Kman Wrote: dogfood i really don't know how much further you can go with this without just straight up acknowledging you're being racist???

obviously

Too fucking far, man

RE: Furguson, Missouri - Nice - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 12:59 PM)MrWhitticus Wrote: Too fucking far, man

oh shit...I forgot that movie clips about WW2 era seem to bring back the traumatic experiences you used to suffer back in the 1943

@Kreekakon, I was not trolling I was just demonstrating how utterly retarded the accusations here where 1. at the police 2. at me

@Kman

Please just jump off the bandwagon, for the millionth time there's obviously more black people getting inspected and arrested if the whole town population is pretty much black. The Michael guy was also caught stealing, so he was not a random innocent person picked on by the police. First his parents claimed he was completely innocent and a nice person, next thing we know a video appears where he is clearly picking on a shopkeeper like its real life GTA. Of course it was only then that his parents said "Well...We never said he was perfect!"

and for the bajillion times, yes the amount of times he got shot was over the top but according to the police it was an act of self defense which in all honestly I believe. He was there with his "homies" buddies who identified themselves as witnesses and backed up his buddy.

How the fuck can I be racist when my lifestyle is bboying, one of the hiphop culture elements - made by the blacks. How can I be racist when almost half if not more of my music play list is from black artists? How on earth can I be racist when i have 2 black guys in my crew.

Do you any idea how stupid you sound? You're just like those obnoxious people I hate the most in the universe, the loud "AHA YOU DID NOT HIRE ME, YOU'RE RACIST!" "Oh! You didnt pick me for your football team...You must be homophobic!" I'm sure if Wurst didn't win Eurovision you'd also go on smashing the table while screaming "Phobes!" even though her singing absolutely sucked.

Anyway as a matter of fact I watched a couple of protest videos todays aswell as journalist recording random "peaceful protesters" running into a sport-shop and running off with piles of boxes. Molotovs being lit and also according to the recent news, some of the protesters were reported to carry firearms.

But nooo, that's insignificant. Hey maaaan, turn that camera off lets toss that molotov at the police officer! Oh fuck they're coming after us, quickly turn the camera back on!

(08-19-2014, 01:28 PM)Dogfood Wrote: Please just jump off the bandwagon, for the millionth time there's obviously more black people getting inspected and arrested if the whole town population is pretty much black.

I've actually re-looked at the statistics Kman provided on this, and I belive that Dogfood's statement in this is flawed:

http://journolist.tumblr.com/post/94643662577/heres-a-by-the-numbers-look-at-who-lives-in

If we're accounting the correlation between population ratios into the reasoning of these percentages, then the black population would be much MUCH higher than 60%. However it is not which means putting the reason of "more back people being arrested" being population ratio is flawed.

It would be more understandable is simply the fact of the matter was that black people simply committed more crimes than whites, but a very important piece of data debunks this:

1 in 3 white people carry contraband
1 in 5 black people carry contraband

This shows that despite white people being more guilty overall in these investigations, more than 80% of black people still take up the investigations.

I cannot say that this could not be grounded in racism.

Dogfood Wrote:according to the police it was an act of self defense which in all honestly I believe. He was there with his "homies" buddies who identified themselves as witnesses and backed up his buddy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Code_of_Silence

It is equally possible that it has worked the other way around. With varying stories on both sides, it is almost impossible to understand what really happened.

RE: Furguson, Missouri - Kman - 08-19-2014

Quote:Please just jump off the bandwagon, for the millionth time there's obviously more black people getting inspected and arrested if the whole town population is pretty much black.

already addressed earlier in the thread

Quote:The Michael guy was also caught stealing, so he was not a random innocent person picked on by the police. First his parents claimed he was completely innocent and a nice person, next thing we know a video appears where he is clearly picking on a shopkeeper like its real life GTA. Of course it was only then that his parents said "Well...We never said he was perfect!"

evidence came out that he did in fact pay for his rellos (also earlier in the thread) and on top of that the cop that killed him had no idea he had even allegedly stolen anything and in fact he pulled him over simply for jay walking. reports from the police say the shop keeper never reported the """""robbery""""" to the police either. what you want to make of the scuffle is your business but it clearly wasn't a robbery

Quote:and for the bajillion times, yes the amount of times he got shot was over the top but according to the police it was an act of self defense which in all honestly I believe.

police are given tazers, batons, and are trained specifically so they're capable of taking out someone whos gotten violent without the use of guns. even if he was attacked there are a dozen or so other ways he could have taken him out, the only situation in which shooting at him would be necessary would be if he was carrying a weapon too and was making an attempt at the officers life, which he did neither of.

Quote: He was there with his "homies"

"im not being racist at all guys

Quote:buddies who identified themselves as witnesses and backed up his buddy.

1 of the witnesses was his friend who was walking with him at the time, 2 others that came forward had no relation to him and saw the event take place from the apartment directly across from the street, and 2 more were walking down the street too and also had no relation to brown. all 5 had the exact same story, and given that most of them had no relation to each other or brown the idea that they were able to communicate and formulate some elaborate story that would make everything they said match up to make the officer look guilty is basically impossible

i mean, you can think that if you want, but why do you think im saying you're being racist when you're honestly going that far, jumping through that many hoops to try to defend the actions of a cop that shot an unarmed kid 9 times

Quote:How the fuck can I be racist when my lifestyle is bboying, one of the hiphop culture elements - made by the blacks. How can I be racist when almost half if not more of my music play list is from black artists? How on earth can I be racist when i have 2 black guys in my crew.

"""what is institutionalized systematic racism""""

watch the video above

Quote:Do you any idea how stupid you sound? You're just like those obnoxious people I hate the most in the universe, the loud "AHA YOU DID NOT HIRE ME, YOU'RE RACIST!" "Oh! You didnt pick me for your football team...You must be homophobic!" I'm sure if Wurst didn't win Eurovision you'd also go on smashing the table while screaming "Phobes!" even though her singing absolutely sucked.

yes because racism and homophobia always have to be conscious thought processes and theres no sorts of attitudes and systems of power built into our society that work to keep black people down that the majority of the population plays into in some way and can casually ignore because they never actively think "i hate black people and the gays" u sure showed me

Quote:Anyway as a matter of fact I watched a couple of protest videos todays aswell as journalist recording random "peaceful protesters" running into a sport-shop and running off with piles of boxes. Molotovs being lit and also according to the recent news, some of the protesters were reported to carry firearms.

i mean even if i hadn't debunked basically all those claims in depth earlier in this thread literally spend 2 minutes looking at any number of the things the police have done and i want you to honestly try to claim that what protesters are doing (or at least the slanted view of what they're doing the medias giving you) is somehow worse

im going to be straight up honest with you here, ive studied how racism functions in modern society in depth, and ive been gathering research and evidence in regards to this specific event in particular quite a bit (if that long list of links from earlier isn't proof i don't know what is). i know my shit on this topic. if you really want to keep this going i can back up basically all these claims with tons of facts, evidence, and explanations from people who actively write about the topic. there is a lot at play when it comes to modern racism that you're clearly not getting.

(08-19-2014, 01:28 PM)Dogfood Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 12:59 PM)MrWhitticus Wrote: Too fucking far, man

oh shit...I forgot that movie clips about WW2 era seem to bring back the traumatic experiences you used to suffer back in the 1943

Using Hitler as a joke when we are having a real, tangible discussion about racism is, in all respects, too far

(08-19-2014, 01:28 PM)Dogfood Wrote: The Michael guy was also caught stealing, so he was not a random innocent person picked on by the police.

Please take a good close look at this (I apologise for the quality)

(08-19-2014, 01:28 PM)Dogfood Wrote: and for the bajillion times, yes the amount of times he got shot was over the top but according to the police it was an act of self defense which in all honestly I believe.

Now Dogfood, I'm not sure if you know this, but the international sign of "I'm sorry about anything I did to upset you, I want to be punished fairly and justly and I surrender" is to have both your hands in the air.

Where were Michael Brown's hands?

They were up in the fucking air while he was screaming "don't shoot don't shoot"

I don't give a shit whether it was an "act of defence" or a punishment for whatever crime he committed, he was in the world known position signifying "hey man, I'm sorry, please explain to me what I did instead of shooting me throught the fucking head"

(08-19-2014, 01:28 PM)Dogfood Wrote: How the fuck can I be racist when my lifestyle is bboying, one of the hiphop culture elements - made by the blacks. How can I be racist when almost half if not more of my music play list is from black artists? How on earth can I be racist when i have 2 black guys in my crew.

This is literally the most obvious case I've ever seen of "but how can I be racist when I have black friends?

I know a racist bloke, you know what he does? He lives and identifies as a human being, guess who invented that? Black African people from thousands of years ago! How can he be racist if he does something that the blacks created?

Learn your privilege and learn the difference between understanding black people and accepting them

(08-19-2014, 01:28 PM)Dogfood Wrote: Do you any idea how stupid you sound? You're just like those obnoxious people I hate the most in the universe, the loud "AHA YOU DID NOT HIRE ME, YOU'RE RACIST!" "Oh! You didnt pick me for your football team...You must be homophobic!" I'm sure if Wurst didn't win Eurovision you'd also go on smashing the table while screaming "Phobes!" even though her singing absolutely sucked.

Wow, saying that you you should treat different people respectfully is exactly the same as assuming someone is doing something because they're are unaccepting (because let's face it you aren't even trying to hide your blatant support for the oppressors and hatred of the oppressed)

(08-19-2014, 01:28 PM)Dogfood Wrote: Anyway as a matter of fact I watched a couple of protest videos todays aswell as journalist recording random "peaceful protesters" running into a sport-shop and running off with piles of boxes. Molotovs being lit and also according to the recent news, some of the protesters were reported to carry firearms.

As previously stated by me and many other forum users, the protesters are not breaking into stores or lighting molotovs, in fact the protesters are getting in the way of people who are and are trying to stop them from painting a different picture to the media. People were trying to break into stores and the protesters peacefully stood out the front and stopped them.

Of course, the media is racist, so if anyone gets a shot of these lootings or attacks from other people not protesting, but using the the demonstration as an excuse to fuck around, they're going to spin them negatively and turn the public against the protesters, by saying that they're "looting, burning and destroying things because they're dirty blacks who are being petty criminals as always"

And hey look, forum user Dogfood is a prime example that this propoganda is fucking working

Medical professionals were available to help Michael avoid death, and were happy to do so

They were denied

(08-19-2014, 02:10 PM)MrWhitticus Wrote: Now Dogfood, I'm not sure if you know this, but the international sign of "I'm sorry about anything I did to upset you, I want to be punished fairly and justly and I surrender" is to have both your hands in the air.

Where were Michael Brown's hands?

They were up in the fucking air while he was screaming "don't shoot don't shoot"

This one part is being slightly unfair to Dogfood.

The story you presented was the one said by Brown's friends, and not he one presented by the police force. Dogfood's post he was assuming the assumption that the police's story was true, and not his friends'.

(08-19-2014, 02:17 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: This one part is being slightly unfair to Dogfood.

The story you presented was the one said by Brown's friends, and not he one presented by the police force. Dogfood's post he was assuming the assumption that the police's story was true, and not his friends'.

That said there are photos of Brown with his hands up that some guy in an apartment posted as he livetweeted the event

I'll see if I can find them

edit: It looks like he took the photos down by the request of Michael's parents but he's still got some photos of the event up

His twitter handle is @TheePharoah and here is a news article about him