Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
HPL3 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-55.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-56.html)
+--- Thread: HPL3 (/thread-25864.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: HPL3 - TiManGames - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 07:08 PM)Thomas Wrote: All editors and mod support will be in on day-one!

I have a questions about the scripting - do I need to know c/c#/c++ to know how to script?

RE: HPL3 - Slanderous - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 07:33 PM)TheTieMan Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:08 PM)Thomas Wrote: All editors and mod support will be in on day-one!

I have a questions about the scripting - do I need to know c/c#/c++ to know how to script?

HPL2 used HPS language which is kind of like C++ and AngelScript (I think?), so I'd say yes, you need to know some basic HPS stuff. Thomas already answered that it's much better than HPL2's HPS and some functions that work in the same way have only been slightly changed, for example SetEntityActive is now Entity_SetActive or something like that I think. So it should be fairly easy to start using, just like HPL2. I'm quite excited about the new engine updates.

RE: HPL3 - Thomas - 09-08-2015

Quote:I have a questions about the scripting - do I need to know c/c#/c++ to know how to script?

Scripting will work just as in Amnesia if you want to. But will have WAY more stuff if you wanna go advanced. Can do basically anything you want with the script.

RE: HPL3 - Neelke - 09-09-2015

(09-08-2015, 09:36 PM)Thomas Wrote:
Quote:I have a questions about the scripting - do I need to know c/c#/c++ to know how to script?

Scripting will work just as in Amnesia if you want to. But will have WAY more stuff if you wanna go advanced. Can do basically anything you want with the script.

Great news for me, I love experimenting Tongue

RE: HPL3 - Romulator - 09-09-2015

(09-08-2015, 09:36 PM)Thomas Wrote:

Here I am, hoping for something like these two:

PHP Code:
void SetKeyPressed(stringasKeystringasFunction); 

Runs a function when a keyboard key is pressed.

Callback syntax: void MyFunc(string &in asKey)
asKey: The keyboard input character/symbol.
asFunction: The name of the function to call.

PHP Code:
void GetKeyPressed(string &in asKey); 

Returns a boolean variable to determine if a key has been pressed.

asKey: The keyboard input character/symbol.

RE: HPL3 - Patrik - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 08:35 AM)Romulator Wrote: Here I am, hoping for something like these two:

Doesn't work exactly like that, but you will absolutely have access to player input. Smile

RE: HPL3 - 7heDubz - 09-09-2015

inb4 fps with HPL3.

RE: HPL3 - Paddy™ - 09-09-2015

Thomas, in the other thread you mentioned that EMP grenades were once included in the game, but were later removed. Does this mean that the creatures in the game still have some death/disable animations, sounds and code in them somewhere? Could custom story developers create maps in which SOMA's enemies can be "fought"?

Dear fellow forum dwellers: I'm just asking, so please don't reply with lamentations about how combat in SOMA is worse than Bob Dylan going electric. I've already heard it and it's been discussed elsewhere ad nauseam.

RE: HPL3 - PutraenusAlivius - 09-09-2015

If SOMA has a handheld light like a Lantern, then can we replace it in SOMA without having to use Full Conversions?

I'm sorry if this has been asked or out of the topic, but I haven't been in this forum, heck even read news about SOMA for a few months and I need to catch up.

RE: HPL3 - Slanderous - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 12:47 PM)PutraenusAlivius Wrote: If SOMA has a handheld light like a Lantern, then can we replace it in SOMA without having to use Full Conversions?

I'm sorry if this has been asked or out of the topic, but I haven't been in this forum, heck even read news about SOMA for a few months and I need to catch up.

Soma has a flashlight that seems to be coming out of Simon's body, just like in classic fps games