Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Hints, help and spoilers (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level (/thread-2599.html)

Pages: 1 2

Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Petike - 03-07-2009

Hello there, fellow fanumbras !

I feel a little embarassed for asking this, but I recently started replaying Black Plague and it's near impossible for me to pass the final part of the first Dream Sequence level (where Philip has to jump from platform to platform to the other end and through a few more corridors to finish the level). When I first played BP, this was the only part of the game that my computer couldn't handle even on the lowest graphical settings. The rest of the game went flawlessly even when I turned everything up to max. Except the Realm of Dreams level... Dodgy

I managed to get across somehow, but it took weeks (if not months) and I nearly gave up, thinking I'll never finish BP at all. :cry: But I've lost the save game since then and now during the second playthrough, I'm suffering the same problem all over again. It's only a few darn meters to the end and I can't finish it an move on to the more interesting parts no matter how hard I try... :angry:

Could anyone be so generous and send me a save game located right after the whole first "dream level" (when Philip leaps back into reality) ? I would be very grateful ! Thanks in advance ! Wink:

RE: Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Petike - 03-08-2009

Oh, yeah... If this thread is in the wrong forum, please move it.

RE: Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Tommy Gun - 03-09-2009

Give me a bit, oh and you might have to message me your email, because the savegames aren't allowed to be attached.
But ill try it zipped up.
Ok, here it is, all nice and easy.. p.s, the shelter cd i forgot to put in, (seeing as it is an old save) so you won't be able to get the code.
here's the code:
Spoiler below!

xor451

Enjoy the rest of Black Plague! Wink

RE: Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Tommy Gun - 03-10-2009

might be a bit late, but it is on hard mode.

RE: Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Thomas - 03-10-2009

(03-10-2009, 06:44 AM)Tommy Gun Wrote: might be a bit late, but it is on hard mode.

One can change difficulty at any time, so should not matter Smile

RE: Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Yuhaney - 03-10-2009

Black Plague isn't really hard on Hard difficulty if you ask me. Infected ones aren't fast enough to catch you when they are after you if I remember right.

But I tried to change it to easy, and I was like: ' O.o ? Are you kidding me?! This are waaaay too slow. '

Overture on the other hand, had more challenge since you kinda had to avoid the dogs.
It takes only two bites to kill you. (With good luck, three.)

RE: Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Tommy Gun - 03-12-2009

(03-10-2009, 10:21 AM)Scraper Wrote: Black Plague isn't really hard on Hard difficulty if you ask me. Infected ones aren't fast enough to catch you when they are after you if I remember right.

But I tried to change it to easy, and I was like: ' O.o ? Are you kidding me?! This are waaaay too slow. '

Overture on the other hand, had more challenge since you kinda had to avoid the dogs.
It takes only two bites to kill you. (With good luck, three.)

Yeah, still, its all in how good you are at games.

RE: Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Petike - 03-12-2009

Tommy Gun : Thanks ! Smile:

Hm, too bad it lacks the CD... Because I have it in the previous saves. I hope it doesn't mess up the whole game. Huh :neutral: And besides : Me likey Shelter presentation CD ! Tongue: Big Grin:

Well, this way or the other, here's my mail : templarknight@centrum.sk

EDIT : Drat, I forgot about the ZIP file. Thanks again ! Wink:

RE: Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Tommy Gun - 03-13-2009

No problem! glad to help.
Later on, give or take 3 days, i could get you a better one.

RE: Desperately need a BP save game after the "Realm of Dreams" level - Petike - 03-13-2009

(03-13-2009, 07:37 AM)Tommy Gun Wrote: No problem! glad to help.
Later on, give or take 3 days, i could get you a better one.

You won't believe it, but the CD is in the inventory ! Confusedurprised: And the translated description subtitles in the inventory screen have reverted back into English ! :lol: Big Grin:

It keeps running fine. I'm already dealing with Eminiss.

P.S. I would have one more little request : Could you send me the original voice files for the Infected via e-mail ? I already replaced the Czech dub of my copy with the original one, but the zombies have their drivel in a separate folder and they're still using the dub, which is hilarious. Big Grin: I just want the whole thing to feel cohesive, that's all.

Many thanks in advance.