Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA (/thread-26059.html)

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 12-30-2012

(12-30-2012, 02:27 AM)nackidno Wrote: [Image: mushroom_man_by_eliasfrost-d5pqaie.jpg]
Looks pretty awesome! Smile
However, I would put some more thought into the movability of this creature, especially when it comes to that piece of armor/decoration. (Maybe it's because I'm an animator Wink )
The way it is right now it has an interesting shape, but how does it behave when he walks? Is it one stiff piece - that would look very awkward once animated - or are the two lower thingies attached to the respective legs? What does he do if he wants to bend his torso forward? Right now he could only bend backwards due to that stiff shield that he'd clip through otherwise - Unless that shield was very flexible...which could be better represented by making it out of separate segments or the like. Well, you know what I mean Wink

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - eliasfrost - 12-30-2012

I was going for a wizards apprentice character, and the thingie on his torso is a kind of bug that they've stripped the feet from, so it is slightly flexible by that the upper part will slide under when he bend forward. And the legs are kinda just hanging there and they will bend together with his legs when he walks. The bug is not supposed to be armor however, it's a traditional piece of clothing that mushroom wizards wear to show off their status.

I could however, easily add another layer of shell to make it slide twice instead of just once, making it even easier for him to bend forward.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - The chaser - 12-30-2012

(12-30-2012, 09:03 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: Haters gonna hate.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhuBjAxxopbcRQHtP4chj...Wj-OyJSe_w]

OMG the pyro is ma favrite chracter!!!1!

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Danny Boy - 12-30-2012

(12-30-2012, 08:37 AM)Kman Wrote: Don't see how the difficulty of the play style affects how good of a class is. Pyro just happens to be both the best class and the easiest :>

Soldier is always the best c:

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - The chaser - 12-30-2012

(12-30-2012, 01:37 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(12-30-2012, 08:37 AM)Kman Wrote: Don't see how the difficulty of the play style affects how good of a class is. Pyro just happens to be both the best class and the easiest :>

I can reflect your missiles with the pyro :3

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Obliviator27 - 12-30-2012

Pyros make me a sad, sad Pocket Pistol scout.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Danny Boy - 12-30-2012

(12-30-2012, 01:45 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(12-30-2012, 01:37 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:

I can reflect your missiles with the pyro :3

doesn't mean they hit me :3

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - failedALIAS - 12-31-2012

You bastards just wasted 75% of a page with your bullshit; back on task!

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Obliviator27 - 12-31-2012

(12-26-2012, 11:44 PM)nackidno Wrote: [Image: desert_gun_shop_close_by_eliasfrost-d5pda31.jpg]

So yeah. After three days of half assedly working on it (Doing stuff and working on this.) I managed to finish it.
I am by no means an artist, but I think this came out okayish.

[Image: TIPJb.jpg]

Nackindo, this concept was a fun little thing to do for shits and giggles. Thanks for drawing it. ^^

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - failedALIAS - 12-31-2012

I like the sign.