Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA (/thread-26059.html)

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Traggey - 11-14-2013

2 hour Zbrush speedsculpt!

Full size.
http://www.deviantart.com/download/413583640/the_gravity_mechanic_by_traggey-d6u8j6g.png?token=9b7d503a095067d8be0902158be5b2100e821f93&ts=1384488135

[Image: the_gravity_mechanic_by_traggey-d6u8j6g.png]

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Magnum Opus - 11-16-2013

^
l
Damn, two hours. I can't even make a rock. Good job.

Here is a concept of Necronomicon :
Spoiler below!
[Image: 1384636845-1475818-10200695209575387-1650384945-n.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 1384636845-1459179-10200695208415358-1959648261-n.jpg]

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Statyk - 11-19-2013

I like it Magnum :D Skulls are always such an intricate object to draw, no matter the animal. Always good to see someone who can draw them well.

I haven't done much lately besides some doodling and such, but recently decided to work on a future wallpaper of fanart from League of Legends. I'm taking my time with it and should have it finished soon. It's based on the champion Riven (my favorite <3), and will portray the moment where she shattered her runic sword.

Here's the sword I finished today:
Spoiler below!

[Image: riven_sword_wip_3_by_statyk94-d6urrti.jpg]

Smooth edges are a wonder :D

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Rapture - 11-19-2013

Looks to elegant for the Skeleton King, and the green light doesn't look like it would belong to Kunkka, and I don't know what the 3 symbols mean.
Who does it belong to?

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Statyk - 11-19-2013

(11-19-2013, 03:56 AM)Rapture Wrote: Looks to elegant for the Skeleton King, and the green light doesn't look like it would belong to Kunkka, and I don't know what the 3 symbols mean.
Who does it belong to?

I'm assuming you meant mine by saying the green light. I mentioned it's Riven's blade from League of Legends. Specifically her Redeemed skin.

Examples from the game:
Spoiler below!

[Image: Riven_Splash_2.jpg]

[Image: RedeemedRiven.jpg]

If you were talking to someone else, my apologies.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Rapture - 11-19-2013

@Statyk - Sorry I'm retarded, I didn't read your text above your art. (I don't know why I skip over important details like that)

I honestly thought that was a Dota 2 workshop to be submitted item.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Rapture - 11-20-2013

Playing around with high body sculpting. I haven't done any work on the Feet/Hands or Face.

Front View
Spoiler below!
[Image: 6w6c.png] g

Back View
Spoiler below!
[Image: vx1y.png]

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Magnum Opus - 11-21-2013

Very nice result on the sword !
But Riven still Op...

And nice start on the body, hope to see more. Smile

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Rapture - 11-22-2013

Spoiler below!
[Image: m52g.png]

Finished up a little more details on the dude.

Just some touch up on some muscles and stuff. His arms still look like bricks though.

I retopologized him also, (The 3 bottom guys are it) with a basic biped rig. His hands look stupid because I have yet to rig them up for animation, that is next on my list.

And lastly trying to figure out how to animate the dude. Smile

//*****
To any fellow animators, if you made a Rig whether it's based on your own style or using a tutorial. Is it annoying to position or tweak the bones? (I'm using a IK rig)
With the current tutorial I'm using, it gets annoying when the arms/legs get close to the body, and rotating or moving them just makes the elbow/knee IK bones rotate like mad.

I'm using this tutorial for my Rig.

http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/12/12/blender-introduction-to-character-rigging/

You can see at the beginning of the final Rig he makes. Would this be a standard rig that you guys would make? (Up to the point of the Body + Fingers. I currently have no face/eyes or toes to worry about.)

Could you suggest some tutorials on better rigs that would be better for a bipedal human?

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Juras - 11-22-2013

(11-22-2013, 03:35 AM)Rapture Wrote:
Spoiler below!
[Image: m52g.png]

Finished up a little more details on the dude.

Just some touch up on some muscles and stuff. His arms still look like bricks though.

I retopologized him also, (The 3 bottom guys are it) with a basic biped rig. His hands look stupid because I have yet to rig them up for animation, that is next on my list.

And lastly trying to figure out how to animate the dude. Smile

//*****
To any fellow animators, if you made a Rig whether it's based on your own style or using a tutorial. Is it annoying to position or tweak the bones? (I'm using a IK rig)
With the current tutorial I'm using, it gets annoying when the arms/legs get close to the body, and rotating or moving them just makes the elbow/knee IK bones rotate like mad.

I'm using this tutorial for my Rig.

http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/12/12/blender-introduction-to-character-rigging/

You can see at the beginning of the final Rig he makes. Would this be a standard rig that you guys would make? (Up to the point of the Body + Fingers. I currently have no face/eyes or toes to worry about.)

Could you suggest some tutorials on better rigs that would be better for a bipedal human?

Looks pretty good! May I ask you what kind of character you're trying to make and what program you use? Also I noticed your sculpt has some "muddy" shapes like on the right bicep which tells me that you started sculpting on a high subdivision level which I don't recommend. Instead try starting from lowest subdivision levels and work your way up with the subdivision levels, it will result a much cleaner and nicer sculpt in the endSmile