Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Hpl level editor with Nvidia 610M dosnt work? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Hpl level editor with Nvidia 610M dosnt work? (/thread-26119.html)

Hpl level editor with Nvidia 610M dosnt work? - EeyoreMirabal - 09-13-2014

Okay so i have googled and googled and i cannot find out why i cant open level editor with out it black screening. I have the hpl level editor whose download was supplied by frictional games, I bought amnesia from steam so i put the level editor files in the amnesia, the dark decent folder the the steam apps. when i try to open level editor, even running it as an administrator, it opens up as just a black box. My cursor disappears when dragged over it and i cant close it with out ending in task manager. I am s p looking forward to creating a custom story so if someone can tell me what i should try or direct me to a diffrent level editor maybe it would be much appreciated.
My graphics card is Nvidia 610M

RE: Hpl level editor with Nvidia 610M dosnt work? - Mudbill - 09-13-2014

Maybe the log file will be of use. Go to Documents\HPL2 and post the LevelEditor.log.

RE: Hpl level editor with Nvidia 610M dosnt work? - EeyoreMirabal - 09-13-2014

(09-13-2014, 05:22 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Maybe the log file will be of use. Go to Documents\HPL2 and post the LevelEditor.log.

I have an attention note that says "Attention system does not support const arrays in glsl!"
does this mean my graphics card isnt supported?

RE: Hpl level editor with Nvidia 610M dosnt work? - plutomaniac - 09-13-2014

The 610M is a very weak low-end laptop card but it does support OpenGL 4.4 so in theory you shouldn't be facing any issue running the tools and the game at lower settings. I suggest you download and install the latest drivers from nvidia.com. The default Microsoft ones do not include OpenGL usually. Have you tired the actual game?

RE: Hpl level editor with Nvidia 610M dosnt work? - Guest - 09-13-2014

(09-13-2014, 07:25 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: The 610M is a very weak low-end laptop card but it does support OpenGL 4.4 so in theory you shouldn't be facing any issue running the tools and the game at lower settings. I suggest you download and install the latest drivers from nvidia.com. The default Microsoft ones do not include OpenGL usually. Have you tired the actual game?

The actial game works fine even on the highest of the graphic settings. ive already installed the latest drivers aswell. the level editor just dosnt seem to work.

What driver do you currently have installed? Does your laptop also has Intel HD graphics? After the black screen occurs attach LevelEditor.log file found under Documents\HPL2 folder.

I do aslo have "Intel® HD graphics family"
THe driver i have for the Nvidia610M is "9.18.13.2702"

The latest driver from nvidia.com as of now is 340.52. You have 327.02 which is older. Apart from that, the editor is choosing the Intel HD card and not the nvidia one. Outdated Intel drivers cause black screen issues.

Check the Graphics Card Troubleshooting Guide, Question 3 (Notice 2 too).

(09-13-2014, 10:17 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: The latest driver from nvidia.com as of now is 340.52. You have 327.02 which is older. Apart from that, the editor is choosing the Intel HD card and not the nvidia one. Outdated Intel drivers cause black screen issues.

Check the Graphics Card Troubleshooting Guide, Question 3 (Notice 2 too).

Thank you so much. I had to just set the global settings for the processor to use the Nvidia high performance processor instead of the intel one. I was able to successfully launch the level editor. Again Thank you so much.