Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Black Plague the button sequence for the chemicals - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Hints, help and spoilers (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Black Plague the button sequence for the chemicals (/thread-2832.html)

Black Plague the button sequence for the chemicals - N2iT - 07-11-2009

The notes said something about the bottom row of buttons are reversed but then turns around and says that you can out them in in any order you want. Now I was careful to put them in in the exact order which was; Chlorine, Acetone, Iodine, Bromine, Nitrogen, Sulfur OK when I go to start the compound mixture it says I need to enter a different sequence. I know somebody out there knows what I'm doing wrong please help thank you

RE: Black Plague the button sequence for the chemicals - Sexbad - 07-12-2009

Each number represents a chemical you input. I haven't played it recently so I may be wrong, but I think the numbers stand for each chemical in the order that she displays in the letter. So a certain chemical will be 1, another 2, and another 3, all the way up to 6. The note will then have another order in which you input these chemicals.

RE: Black Plague the button sequence for the chemicals - N2iT - 07-12-2009

OK since I was careful in putting them in the mixer in the right order 1 being chlorine and so on. Since the bottom row of buttons are reversed as I put them number 4 chem is act6ully going in #6 spot right? So when it comes to entering the sequence I reverse it back to right, right? Or am I just so screwed in the head over this that I'm not thinking right?

RE: Black Plague the button sequence for the chemicals - Sexbad - 07-12-2009

You enter it as if the buttons went in this order:
I don't remember the order of the chemicals, though, so you'll need to look up a walkthrough or have someone else respond for that.

RE: Black Plague the button sequence for the chemicals - Yuhaney - 07-12-2009

Quote taken from GameFAQ's walkthrough for Penumbra: Black Plague:

GameFAQ Wrote:According to the notes they need to be mixed in this order:

- Chlorine (2)
- Acetone (1)
- Iodine (4)
- Bromine (6)
- Nitrogen (5)
- Sulphur (3)

* Push the buttons in the above order remembering the button sequence on the
machine is:

1 2 3
6 5 4

RE: Black Plague the button sequence for the chemicals - N2iT - 07-13-2009

Thanks Scraper I knew you could help me. I don't think I would have figured this out on my own. Maybe but I doubt. The link to the walkthrough was the best. Man that thing is exstensive and very deatailed great. Again thankls for your help.
(07-12-2009, 04:33 PM)Scraper Wrote: Quote taken from GameFAQ's walkthrough for Penumbra: Black Plague:

GameFAQ Wrote:According to the notes they need to be mixed in this order:

- Chlorine (2)
- Acetone (1)
- Iodine (4)
- Bromine (6)
- Nitrogen (5)
- Sulphur (3)

* Push the buttons in the above order remembering the button sequence on the
machine is:

1 2 3
6 5 4