Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] (/thread-28916.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Nikson. - 01-02-2015

Hello Forums!

As a Big Five Nights at Freddy's fan, I'm proud to present my Work in Progress Amnesia Full Conversion!

It's a Remake of Five Nights at Freddy's and I'll be working on it for now.

Things to be done:

-Chica AI 0%
-Freddy AI 0%
-Working Clock 50%
-Working Power 50%
-Importing Sounds from the game 80%
-Animatronic Animations 30%
-Map 80%
-Freddy 90%

Things I've done
-Doors and Lights
-Bonnie AI
-Bonnie and Chica Models
-Simple Bonnie AI, switching from rooms and killing you if you don't close the door.
-Office
-Camera Script (Yes, you can switch cameras! :D)

If I missed something be sure to suggest it!

New Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/WDsGR

I Really appreciate Constructive Critism.
Be sure to say what you would like to see in this! :D

PS: Also I'm working on a Title! It's Currently Five Nights at Amnesia but if you've got a better one, be sure to suggest it!

RE: Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Kreekakon - 01-02-2015

Sounds cool if you could pull it off! I would love to see a video of a prototype of the actual AI in action once you finish a barebones version!

RE: Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Nikson. - 01-02-2015

(01-02-2015, 06:33 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Sounds cool if you could pull it off! I would love to see a video of a prototype of the actual AI in action once you finish a barebones version!

As you wish! I've done it, but I had to record it in Low-Res because somehow it lagged very much ;O

It's still in Very Early Stage of Development so don't expect this to be awesome, as it is right now, the models have the T-Pose, and I don't know how to change that ;(

RE: Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Mudbill - 01-02-2015

For a more camera-like effect, you should add some filters to the view. Maybe you'll find some under Screen Effects on the script page, but otherwise you can just add a transparent billboard or animated material over the player's view when looking through the cameras.

Seeing as you already have a FC mod, you might be able to use the more advanced shaders that have been discussed here lately if you wish.

RE: Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Traggey - 01-02-2015

I hope these are not models ripped from the actual game, as that would be illegal to distribute.

RE: Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Nikson. - 01-02-2015

(01-02-2015, 07:16 PM)Mudbill Wrote: For a more camera-like effect, you should add some filters to the view. Maybe you'll find some under Screen Effects on the script page, but otherwise you can just add a transparent billboard or animated material over the player's view when looking through the cameras.

Seeing as you already have a FC mod, you might be able to use the more advanced shaders that have been discussed here lately if you wish.

Wow! Thanks Mudbill! Do you know how to make animated Materials? And also, what are those advanced shaders you're talking about?

(01-02-2015, 07:20 PM)Traggey Wrote: I hope these are not models ripped from the actual game, as that would be illegal to distribute.

Sorry for Double Posting.

The game is actually made out of Pre-Rendered images, and the Models are from G-Mod, the author has given the permission to download, and convert models.

RE: Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Mudbill - 01-02-2015

Here's the thread that talks about the shaders. It's still in an experimentation state, so play around with it if you wanna.

As for the materials, the built-in method involves using a gobo on a light. That might be difficult to hover in front of the player's face. I do have a tool that works around that, but it would surely be awkward to set up transparent videos, and I've noticed it's quite CPU heavy at higher framerates. Again, I guess you could experiment.

RE: Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Neelke - 01-02-2015

I. Fucking. Knew it.

RE: Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Newsman Waterpaper - 01-02-2015

I was actually planning A Five Nights at Fredy's mod for Amnesia but without the characters from FNAF while still taking place in FNAF universe. If you want some help You can PM, i would really love to help you out in this project like mapping. I would advise to use some assets from Penumbra to make it more true to FNAF's time period (1987-2014).
Best of luck,can't wait to see the final product.

EDIT: Some more advice for the blindspots outside the door, I'll have no boxlight going over it so you cant really see whats in it until you use the hall lights.

RE: Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2] - Daemian - 01-02-2015

For the camera effect you can use InsanityEvents now.
(I don't even know what you see in that silly game) :]