Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Ask Anything About SOMA - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-55.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-56.html)
+--- Thread: Ask Anything About SOMA (/thread-30606.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - A.M Team - 09-19-2015

http://www.vagalume.com.br/tiamat/love-is-good-as-soma.html

Question: Will I be able to attach sound files to enemies?

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - Thomas - 09-19-2015

(09-18-2015, 08:43 PM)private23 Wrote: Please devs, answer my question about jump scares. I really need to know answer. Please thanks. Two times my thread removed without answer. Sad
It depends on what you consider a jumpscare. A sudden loud noise? A creature sneaking up from behind without you noticing until it is too late? Because the game will have these, and many times it comes from the dynamics of creature AI and are thus different from player to player. It is honestly is really hard to answer as it depends on where you draw the line for "jump scares".

What I can say though is that the game around these and they are not our main source of horror. SOMA is slow burning and more psychological, at least that is our intention. We want to get away from the more simplistic scares and try something goes a bit deeper.

Sorry for being so vague. Hope it still answers your question somewhat Smile

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - hkkomiltinn - 09-19-2015

have you heard the news of someone video streaming soma?. spoilling the game

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - SilentSoul - 09-19-2015

the dude streaming the game stated he only encountered 4 enemies entire game. is that really possible?

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - Radiance - 09-19-2015

(09-19-2015, 09:29 PM)SilentSoul Wrote: the dude streaming the game stated he only encountered 4 enemies entire game. is that really possible?
This dude is a troll. I don't know how did he manage to get a copy of the game.

yeah but those poor ppl who watched his entire stream confirmed those rare encounters. im just asking because that would be really sad for me at least, even though id still play it

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - PathOS - 09-19-2015

It is also possible the player's actions dictated how many creature encounters they'd experience. Frictional has stated that Enemies are going to be less obviously placed around or be triggered as they were in Amnesia. It could be player choice matters in this case.

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - VisualDistortion - 09-19-2015

I have 2 questions about the game. And these questions may be spoiler related. Now the thread is called "ask anything about soma" so I'm gonna take it very literally and ask whatever even if it spoils it.

1. What is this "structure gel" stuff i hear everywhere in your teasers?

2. Are there animated cutscenes similar to the ones in Alien:isolation?

3. How long will "Depth" be?

That's it!

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - LordOfDragons - 09-19-2015

Hmmm. Questions. Yes. Excellent. I have a good question. This is going to be so awesome Big Grin
Question 1: Why do i love this game, even if it isn't even out ._. (<---- That's the good question)

Question 2: Will creating custom stories/mods be different from Amnesia (Well i already know it will in some points), but how big are the changes?

Question 3: I heard some weird stuff about someone streaming the game and talking about how "lame" it is. Did that guy even have the permission to stream it? If not, how did he get the full digital copy of it?

Answer to ur question 3:

he got one of the beta copies FG is sharing for further opinions, but he sure as heck did not have any kind of permition since the embargo is lifted on monday.