Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Ask Anything About SOMA - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-55.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-56.html)
+--- Thread: Ask Anything About SOMA (/thread-30606.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - Thomas - 09-17-2015

(09-17-2015, 08:46 PM)Chrysler Wrote: Will you be able to talk about sales again like you did after ATDD was released? When AAMFP was released I really missed your blogposts on how the launch went, etc.
Yeah, but now with steamspy it feels less fun Smile

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - Newsman Waterpaper - 09-17-2015

1. Will there be a complete guide for porting HPL2 mods to HPL3?
2. Are some of the old enemy types still in HPL3 like Grunt & Manpig?

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - Manhunt123 - 09-17-2015

Hello Thomas,

1) Can you tell us about SOMA's PC optimization? I have a 8 GB RAM GTX 970 and Intel i5 4460 3.2 GHZ CPU. Can I get 1080p 60 fps?

2) I want to ask you a personal question. What is your favorite horror game? Thank you. Smile

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - Macgyverthehero - 09-17-2015

Question:
SOMA is going to screw with our heads us real good, right?

(09-17-2015, 09:03 PM)Newsman Waterpaper Wrote: 1. Will there be a complete guide for porting HPL2 mods to HPL3?
2. Are some of the old enemy types still in HPL3 like Grunt & Manpig?

1) It should be fairly simple to do wrappers so that scripts works out of the box. Maps is a bit trickier though, and cannot promise anything. We'll look into it after release.

2) No, but shouldn't be hard to import and then tweak some existing creature behavior to make it fit.

(09-17-2015, 09:16 PM)Manhunt123 Wrote: 1) Can you tell us about SOMA's PC optimization? I have a 8 GB RAM GTX 970 and Intel i5 4460 3.2 GHZ CPU. Can I get 1080p 60 fps?
2) I want to ask you a personal question. What is your favorite horror game? Thank you. Smile
1) Yes that should be enough for that!
2) Hmm... first Silent Hill is very dear to me, so have to go with that.

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - GhylTarvoke - 09-17-2015

1. How detailed is the marine wildlife?
2. How is SOMA's pacing (e.g. as compared with TDD's)?

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - Slanderous - 09-17-2015

Not that I'm complaining or something, asking this totally out of curiosity, but all of your previous games had Polish localisation, while SOMA does not have one. Mind if I ask what's the reason for leaving it out?

(09-17-2015, 09:52 PM)GhylTarvoke Wrote: 1. How detailed is the marine wildlife?
2. How is SOMA's pacing (e.g. as compared with TDD's)?
1) We have almost 25 different animals that you can find. Some harder than other. Some dangerous, some not.
2) The game doesn't start out as scary and oppressive as TDD, but builds towards it over a longer period. There are also longer moments of exploration (if you want to, much is optional). They have a sort of similar "feel" in their pacing though. Puzzle -> dangerous area -> calm exploration -> etc. Another difference is that SOMA is much more varied, each area has something new about it.

RE: Ask Anything About SOMA - Paddy™ - 09-17-2015

About Steam Workshop/Mods
1. Will mods hosted exclusively on the Workshop be accessible to GOG users (if the modder doesn't specifically provide a non-Steam version)?

2. If Valve reintroduces its paid mod scheme, will FG endorse paid mods for SOMA?

3. Now that the Workshop is being used to host mods, are there any new legal standards or guidelines that modders will have to be conscious of that they might not have had to worry about so much before?

4. It was mentioned that there are now dedicated mod folders whose contents will take precedence over their equivalents in the base game. Does this mean that we could have multiple mods installed which are all independent from each other and without "contaminating" the base game? Will modders still occasionally need to modify the base files, or is this now circumvented entirely?