Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
SOMA crashes my Nvidia gtx 960 driver sometimes - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-74.html)
+--- Thread: SOMA crashes my Nvidia gtx 960 driver sometimes (/thread-30632.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: SOMA crashes my Nvidia gtx 960 driver sometimes - Favorlock - 09-23-2015

I am having the same issue as the OP. I am not using any stream services, I've closed as many background apps as possible as well as disabling my anti-virus shields while playing yet the issue still seems to pop up every couple hours of playing, sometimes it happens very quickly while playing.

RE: SOMA crashes my Nvidia gtx 960 driver sometimes - jens - 09-23-2015

Can you try and download the lastest driver from nvidia. Then uninstall the current driver, and install the new driver from nvidia.

Please make sure and specify what OS you have, it seems most are using Windows 10 of those that have specified. One using Windows 7, but potentially that crash is different from the rest.

RE: SOMA crashes my Nvidia gtx 960 driver sometimes - Favorlock - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 09:42 AM)jens Wrote: Can you try and download the lastest driver from nvidia. Then uninstall the current driver, and install the new driver from nvidia.

Please make sure and specify what OS you have, it seems most are using Windows 10 of those that have specified. One using Windows 7, but potentially that crash is different from the rest.

Already using the latest nvidia drivers. Yes, I'm using Windows 10. I also noticed that this only happens in Fullscreen. I was trying it out in borderless mode and it just completely crashed rather than locking up my entire computer.

Any crash logs when it crashes?

About drivers: I was fishing for a re-install to make sure there is no corruption with the current driver even it is up-to-date Smile

RE: SOMA crashes my Nvidia gtx 960 driver sometimes - tuoret - 09-23-2015

Here's my log from when the game last froze up, forcing me to restart. GTX770, Windows 10, playing in borderless window. No Steam overlay or any other in-game overlays enabled.

Spoiler below!
Started happening when I was roaming the bottom of the sea on my way to Catherine, been happening constanly ever since. This one was just as I was about to board the zeppelin to Theta.

I'm upgrading my computer to windows 10, hopefully it will get these random crashes as well.

RE: SOMA crashes my Nvidia gtx 960 driver sometimes - Guest - 09-25-2015

Hello. I bought this game yesterday on steam and I am really digging it so far. Though I cannot play any further since I am having similar problems as been mentioned in this thread. At a certain point in the game everything freezes and I get an error prompt saying "Soma.exe has stopped working." I have tried many times and it crashes every time.

I run windows 7 and have a GTX 960 with latest nvidia drivers.

/Torbjörn

RE: SOMA crashes my Nvidia gtx 960 driver sometimes - Guest - 09-25-2015

Just wanted to say that I got it to work by following Thomas' advice in the other thread (PC Crash Problem). To turn on beta did the trick.
/Torbjörn

RE: SOMA crashes my Nvidia gtx 960 driver sometimes - Trueblue1878 - 10-09-2015

Same problem with me. It freezes/crashes randomly but kept doing it when the Zeppelin landed in "Delta" just as the platforms lower and are about to touch the ground.
I read someone on STeam community say to lower graphics settings just for that one part. So I lowered my fps from 144 to 30 and this time it only froze when the zeppelin lowered, rather than crashing.

I also have nvidia GTX 960 fully updated..

RE: SOMA crashes my Nvidia gtx 960 driver sometimes - Googolplex - 10-09-2015

Driver 358.50? nVidia integrated OpenGL updates in this one.