Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Apart from the game itself, all other executables crash on launch - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-74.html)
+--- Thread: Apart from the game itself, all other executables crash on launch (/thread-31043.html)

Apart from the game itself, all other executables crash on launch - red pharoah - 09-29-2015

The level editor, mod launcher, Model, materials and map viewers/editors all crash on launch.

My specs are:
Dell Inspiron N5110
-i7 2.2 GHz Octo core
-Nvidia GT 525M and Intel Integrated graphics (the game uses the Nvidia by default)
-8Gb Ram
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I'm not sure what's causing this, because the core game is running just fine.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks Smile

RE: Apart from the game itself, all other executables crash on launch - Romulator - 09-29-2015

If the core game is running fine, then the editors should be good too. If it's your first run (at least, to completion), give the editors some time. Their first load should be quite lengthy to install a bunch of stuff.

If you're running Steam, do an Integrity Check. If you're missing any files from the editor/viewer folders, this will fix them.

If nothing seems to work, run the level editor till it crashes, close it, then post the LevelEditor.log file. It can be found in Documents/HPL3/

RE: Apart from the game itself, all other executables crash on launch - red pharoah - 09-29-2015

None of your solutions seem to be working, I found the LevelEditor file you told me about, I've uploaded it here, but I noticed that this error appears several times in the log:

Quote:---------------------
Compile log:
---------------------
WARNING: 0:2: extension 'GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location' is not supported
WARNING: 0:3: extension 'GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object' is not supported
WARNING: 0:4: extension 'GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack' is not supported
ERROR: 0:33: 'binding' : syntax error parse error

---------------------

Maybe this is the reason they keep crashing?

Oh and the log files for the Viewers seem to indicate that they can't locate their corresponding .cfg files

RE: Apart from the game itself, all other executables crash on launch - jens - 09-29-2015

Is SOMA itself working fine? (The errors you posted indicates you need to update the driver for the graphics card)

RE: Apart from the game itself, all other executables crash on launch - red pharoah - 09-29-2015

(09-29-2015, 07:42 AM)jens Wrote: Is SOMA itself working fine? (The errors you posted indicates you need to update the driver for the graphics card)

It's working fine, but of course seeing as my laptop barely meets minimum specs it's running at 20-27 fps most of the time

Hello? My problem is still unsolved...

RE: Apart from the game itself, all other executables crash on launch - jens - 09-29-2015

Make sure that the editors are running of the GeForce and not the integrated intel as the logs complains about missing support it means that the card is not capable of running the editors or that the drivers are old/corrupt and lack the proper functionality.

RE: Apart from the game itself, all other executables crash on launch - red pharoah - 09-30-2015

(09-29-2015, 09:42 PM)jens Wrote: Make sure that the editors are running of the GeForce and not the integrated intel as the logs complains about missing support it means that the card is not capable of running the editors or that the drivers are old/corrupt and lack the proper functionality.

YES! This seems to have fixed it, thanks very much! Big Grin