Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Constant crashing from curie onward - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-74.html)
+--- Thread: Constant crashing from curie onward (/thread-31195.html)

Pages: 1 2

Constant crashing from curie onward - eratanz - 10-06-2015

I've reached a point where the game is now unplayable, and would really like to resolve this. I can't think of the last time I dealt with this much instability in a game, which is a shame considering how wonderful it is otherwise.

The game is crashing/freezing every 5-10 min or so. This begin in the Curie engine room, and I can't even load some saves now. The crashes are graphical- the music generally continues.

System is Windows 7 and a 560Ti with the latest drivers. I have:

Verified game cache
Enabled public beta
Cleaned and reinstalled Nvidia drivers
Tried most permutations of graphics settings

None of this has helped, and the deeper in the game I manage to get the denser the crashing becomes. I've attached the requested log file.

As other users have reported, I'm getting a long list of nvlddmkm errors in my system log (but the card is definitely not overheating or having issues- this is the only game to generate crashing like this)

RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - OrsoPedro - 10-07-2015

Another one with the same problem with the 560 Ti. It would appear we have a trend here (see the other threads on the subject)...

RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - eratanz - 10-13-2015

Is there any further information on this issue (560 and 560ti crashing)?

I still can't play the game, and I'm not sure what to do about it, nor can I get a refund because it didn't start until a few hours in. Should I try to go through nvidia support or something?

RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - jens - 10-13-2015

At the moment no, we have a bug issue pending with nvidia for this.

RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - yandexx - 10-15-2015

My case with NVIDIA on the same matter got escalated to T2 but I've got no further info yet.

RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - nebej - 10-19-2015

Nvidia have been trying to reproduce but havent been able to yet
Could you upload the latest save file where you got the crash and I will send it to them?

RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - plutomaniac - 10-19-2015

No such problem on my 660 Ti, maybe it's Fermi-based only. If that was true it would also affect 400-series as well though.

As nebej said, providing a save file would help with testing. Personally I can check a 460 (Fermi) and 660 Ti (Kepler).

RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - Sanek83 - 10-22-2015

Hello again) prompt solution in sight? or the developers are confident that the problem among consumers of the game, but not at the game?
Thank you!

RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - nebej - 10-23-2015

Are you having the same problem Sanek83?
If you do could you upload a save file here

RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - Sanek83 - 10-23-2015

(10-23-2015, 08:06 AM)nebej Wrote: Are you having the same problem Sanek83?
If you do could you upload a save file here
Yes, of course, here please...