Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Wiki: Scrapbooks Section - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-55.html)
+--- Forum: User created content (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-79.html)
+--- Thread: Wiki: Scrapbooks Section (/thread-31202.html)

Wiki: Scrapbooks Section - TheGreatCthulhu - 10-06-2015

Hello. I've created a new section within the Community folder on the wiki called Scrapbooks. The idea is to use this section to collect bits and peaces of "raw" info that people have figured out about HPL3/SOMA engine, rather than let it disappear into the depths of the forum threads.

Basically, if you have any info that might be useful for the modding community, but not enough to create a decent regular wiki page, just go to the Scrapbook section, and find (or create) a good place to store this info. Don't worry about to much about text formatting and other cosmetic stuff, this section is not about the looks. If you're unsure where to place your contribution, just go to the Miscellaneous page.
Then later, when you have collected enough data and have a better idea on how to organize it, you can transfer it to the "main" documentation in the Community section. Or someone can do it for you.
The key concern is to prevent this info from becoming scattered all around the forums, and also to enable people to find it, even though it's still "work in progress".

BTW. I've taken some initial notes about HPL3 scripting and placed them there. It's still fairly high level (more about how it's all connected together, rather then how to do specific things) - but scripters might find something interesting in there nevertheless.

RE: Wiki: Scrapbooks Section - WALP - 10-07-2015

I accidentally wrecked the thread completely, really sorry about that. I tried to recover what I could, but I did not remember much.

RE: Wiki: Scrapbooks Section - Mudbill - 10-07-2015

Don't worry about it. That's why we have revisions.

See that "Clock" icon under the edit button? Go there and you'll see all previous versions of that page. If you want to restore one, just click it to open it, go to the edit button, then save over the current page. It's a simple fix, which I could do in a second, but if it's still ruined by the time you see this, I'd like you to do it yourself so you'll know how for next time Tongue

If you go to the Engine Scripts page for HPL2, you'll see I've messed that one up many times myself.

RE: Wiki: Scrapbooks Section - TheGreatCthulhu - 10-07-2015

Don't worry - it's a wiki - it remembers all previous versions of the page. Big Grin
I can restore it. You just click on the clock icon on the right ("Old revisions"), open the history page, find the version that you want restored, click on the name to open it, then click "Edit this page", and then you just click "Save".

Did you want to add something? Maybe you can post it here, and I'll transfer it there. Or now that you know how to restore the page, you could try again yourself?

^Ninja'd Big Grin