Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Spiders - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Spiders (/thread-3197.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Spiders - Sexbad - 07-23-2010

I didn't actually get phased by the beekeeping room in BioShock. I barged in without noticing them actually. Only until my health started lowering and then the thing got really fucking tedious.

RE: Spiders - tacc - 09-07-2010

The demo proved that it's possible to simply delete enemies by the way. So I guess I can play it. Hopefully it doesn't break any scripts.

RE: Spiders - Bulbatron - 09-07-2010

I love shooting bees out of my hands in BioShock, though seeing them crawl over my hand beforehand is creepy.

The funniest thing about shooting bees in BioShock 2 is the enemies' reaction; "Argh! BEES!"

Insects or arachnids or molluscs or any creepy crawlies like that always gross me out, so things like this in horror games always works for me!

RE: Spiders - superluser - 09-07-2010

(06-24-2010, 10:10 AM)Thomas Wrote: We want to keep info on what lurks behind the castle walls to a minimum. But I can disclose that there will be less spider presence than in Penumbra: Overture.

So...fewer than 10,000? Because that's how many I felt like I was dealing with. The actual number is probably like seven or something.

You guys certainly know how to make people think they're being swarmed by enemies.

RE: Spiders - MulleDK19 - 09-07-2010

There's spiders.
(09-07-2010, 12:10 AM)tacc Wrote: The demo proved that it's possible to simply delete enemies by the way. So I guess I can play it. Hopefully it doesn't break any scripts.

You shouldn't play this game if you can't handle spiders.

You will hallucinate cockroaches crawling all over you, at some point.

(09-07-2010, 08:50 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote: You shouldn't play this game if you can't handle spiders.

Spiders ≠ Cockroaches

(09-07-2010, 11:28 AM)tacc Wrote:
(09-07-2010, 08:50 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote: You shouldn't play this game if you can't handle spiders.

Spiders ≠ Cockroaches

You will hallucinate spiders crawling up your butt crack.

There's spiders:

entities\critter\spider\spider.ent

sounds\critter\spider_attack1.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_attack2.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_attack3.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_die1.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_die2.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_hurt1.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_hurt2.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_hurt3.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_step1.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_step2.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_step3.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_step4.ogg
sounds\critter\spider_step5.ogg

Ok, downloaded. Looks like there is also some kind of "Spider Vision Insanity whatever" according to the files. Removed everything containing "spider" except the static objects.

I hope that works.

RE: Spiders - Sajber - 09-07-2010

(09-07-2010, 06:32 PM)tacc Wrote: Ok, downloaded. Looks like there is also some kind of "Spider Vision Insanity whatever" according to the files. Removed everything containing "spider" except the static objects.

I hope that works.

It might work..IF your are VERY lucky...but the game will probably crash when it cant find the files..