Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Hints, help and spoilers (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague (/thread-3211.html)

Pages: 1 2

Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - stanwenger - 03-05-2010

In Machine room, gas mask on. Trying to break open metal door with bar. Tried everything I can think of but still no luck. What is the secret method?? Please Help.:cry:

RE: Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - ROT51 - 03-06-2010

No need for the gas mask in that area, there's no gas leak. Just swing that metal rod violently sideways: pull the rod towards the wall, and the door will fall off. Be carefull, because there's big surprise.

RE: Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - trinity69 - 03-08-2010

im stuck in the first room..wont let me use anything to make a tool to open the vent.....what can I do?

RE: Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - TheLittleGarfield - 03-08-2010

Think damn it! Jesus, you people can't beat the easiest puzzles Big Grin

RE: Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - stanwenger - 03-11-2010

(03-06-2010, 11:55 AM)ROT51 Wrote: No need for the gas mask in that area, there's no gas leak. Just swing that metal rod violently sideways: pull the rod towards the wall, and the door will fall off. Be carefull, because there's big surprise.

To ROT51. Thanks for response. As it turns out I wasted 2 days banging on the wrong door. Am I too stupid !! When I finally found the right door it was a snap. That puts me in room with worm. When I throw power switch, I get nothing. Tried many times. Is there a key to the timing of throwing the switch? Clue please.

RE: Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - graykin - 03-11-2010

Look at the wiring in the room Wink:

RE: Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - Tonakai - 03-11-2010

(03-08-2010, 05:43 PM)TheLittleGarfield Wrote: Think damn it! Jesus, you people can't beat the easiest puzzles :D
I have actually heard a few times from some people can't think the obvious ways properly because they're used to the mostly non-interactable world in the games.
...I hope they'll be able to fix that.

RE: Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - TheLittleGarfield - 03-11-2010

(03-11-2010, 05:48 PM)Tonakai Wrote:
(03-08-2010, 05:43 PM)TheLittleGarfield Wrote: Think damn it! Jesus, you people can't beat the easiest puzzles Big Grin
I have actually heard a few times from some people can't think the obvious ways properly because they're used to the mostly non-interactable world in the games.

They should stop playing Doom these days, that game sends your brains to '93.

RE: Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - gbee - 03-12-2010

(03-11-2010, 05:48 PM)Tonakai Wrote:
(03-08-2010, 05:43 PM)TheLittleGarfield Wrote: Think damn it! Jesus, you people can't beat the easiest puzzles Big Grin

Even within penumbra there was inconsistency, you could smash in one fuse box/power junction but not another, move some metal shelves but not all, smash some planks with the pick but another required a saw. Then there were a handful of places where you couldn't climb over something by building a box/object staircase because of invisible walls, yet that was the solution elsewhere. When you can't interact with everything in the same way, or you have to complete events in a certain order even if you can see a way around then it can make even the simple puzzles harder to solve.

RE: Stuck Again, Penumbra - Black plague - stanwenger - 03-12-2010

(03-11-2010, 04:16 PM)graykin Wrote: Look at the wiring in the room Wink:

I'm looking, but not seeing. Need spoiler. Please help.