Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The "What are you listening now?" thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The "What are you listening now?" thread (/thread-3256.html)

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Bridge - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 05:37 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 04:29 PM)Bridge Wrote:

Some instruments in there sound so odd I can't name them, but they fit perfectly. What an unusual-sounding orchestra - this is probably the best version I heard. Smile

It's just a standard orchestra but this is recorded straight off of a vinyl player (presumably) which is the reason for the oscillation effect you hear. Anyway, IMO this version is a bit too slow - I can't find my favorite version on YouTube.

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - MyRedNeptune - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 06:07 PM)Bridge Wrote: It's just a standard orchestra but this is recorded straight off of a vinyl player (presumably) which is the reason for the oscillation effect you hear. Anyway, IMO this version is a bit too slow - I can't find my favorite version on YouTube.

Yeah, found a comment stating it was recorded in 1971, so you're right that it is just a vinyl effect. And I got all excited. Big Grin

I'm an allegro person usually, but I prefer this one slower for studying/relaxation purposes.

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Bridge - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 06:20 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 06:07 PM)Bridge Wrote: It's just a standard orchestra but this is recorded straight off of a vinyl player (presumably) which is the reason for the oscillation effect you hear. Anyway, IMO this version is a bit too slow - I can't find my favorite version on YouTube.

Yeah, found a comment stating it was recorded in 1971, so you're right that it is just a vinyl effect. And I got all excited. Big Grin

I'm an allegro person usually, but I prefer this one slower for studying/relaxation purposes.

Strokes/folks, but in my opinion it just drags. I always listen to this at about ♩.=45 and this is around ♩.=38. It just isn't as compelling to me.

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - MyRedNeptune - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 06:46 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 06:20 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: Yeah, found a comment stating it was recorded in 1971, so you're right that it is just a vinyl effect. And I got all excited. Big Grin

Strokes/folks, but in my opinion it just drags. I always listen to this at about ♩.=45 and this is around ♩.=38. It just isn't as compelling to me.

I wouldn't mind a faster tempo, but I like the orchestration. And the vinyl effect makes it sound even more pastoral, haha. Anyway, I hear you. Heck, this is my favorite tempo for Widor's Toccata from Symphony No. 5:

Any slower and I feel like it drags, but for most people, I would imagine, this is way fast. Too bad there isn't a higher quality recording.

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Nice - 05-16-2013

blame danny boy

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Wooderson - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 03:53 PM)Brosive Wrote:

Being 13 was the days Wink

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Nice - 05-16-2013

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Tiger - 05-16-2013

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - triadtimes - 05-16-2013

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Kman - 05-17-2013

(05-16-2013, 11:54 PM)triadtimes Wrote:

proud of u son Heart