Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The "What are you listening now?" thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The "What are you listening now?" thread (/thread-3256.html)

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Bridge - 04-12-2013

(04-12-2013, 04:25 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: Take a look at this:

Speaking of bassoon awesomeness, I saw Rite of Spring yesterday. Totally made my year - incredible show.

The piece you posted is cool btw, it's a shame there isn't a complete version on youtube.

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - MyRedNeptune - 04-12-2013

You lucky bastard. Smile I'm not that big of a fan of Stravinsky, but I wouldn't mind seeing Rite of Spring at all. That's alright though, I'll stick to my organ concerts.

Btw, what do you think of pipe organs? They seem to not be used a lot in modern music, which is a shame, because those things can put out some great atmosphere.

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Bridge - 04-12-2013

They are incredibly badass but it depends on the context. I love everything Bach has written for the organ for example, but there is some pretty boring organ music out there. I agree that it could be used more in modern music, but it's not been totally abandoned. Messiaen wrote a pretty great work called La Nativite Du Seigneur, you should check it out if you haven't. Do you play the organ yourself? It's a dream of mine to be able to to play on a huge church organ one day, even though they are really intimidating.

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - failedALIAS - 04-12-2013

(04-12-2013, 04:17 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: I am 16 my good man, and my sister is 19. She's one of those girls. You know, the one's on tumblr who are like "ermahgawd my lyf is ova coz i don't have a bf and im fat, ugly and no guy wants meh" so to escape her I listen to stuff I know she wont like Smile

But im not all Carly and children's music, I do listen to some dubstep and the occasional new song on the radio. Smile

I am smarter than you. Please don't take offense. Though whether you do or not is entirely up to you. I feel the need to say that to everyone, you see. Every time a fresh chance arises. Good day to you, my compatriot.

Why am I such a terrible person?

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Romulator - 04-12-2013

(04-12-2013, 05:25 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(04-12-2013, 04:17 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: I am 16 my good man, and my sister is 19. She's one of those girls. You know, the one's on tumblr who are like "ermahgawd my lyf is ova coz i don't have a bf and im fat, ugly and no guy wants meh" so to escape her I listen to stuff I know she wont like Smile

But im not all Carly and children's music, I do listen to some dubstep and the occasional new song on the radio. Smile

I am smarter than you. Please don't take offense. Though whether you do or not is entirely up to you. I feel the need to say that to everyone, you see. Every time a fresh chance arises. Good day to you, my compatriot.

Why am I such a terrible person?

No offense taken. I've been insulted a lot over the years, so most remarks like "I'm better" or whatever just bounce right off. And a good day to you too Smile

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - TGST - 04-12-2013

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - failedALIAS - 04-12-2013

(04-12-2013, 05:31 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: No offense taken. I've been insulted a lot over the years, so most remarks like "I'm better" or whatever just bounce right off. And a good day to you too Smile

Everyone's a winner!

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Deep One - 04-12-2013

mmm yeeees

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - Kman - 04-12-2013

(04-12-2013, 05:38 PM)TGST Wrote:

how good is this btw? I've been thinking about checking it out for a while.

RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread - triadtimes - 04-12-2013