Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Donation Discount - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Donation Discount (/thread-3556.html)

Donation Discount - skiopp - 07-11-2010

Hello, I've buyed the first episode of Penumbra with the donation bundle of Wolfire games, in the readme of the game there is a coupon discount for a 75% discount with the others episoed, I've tryed to redeem this coupon but it don't works, how can I redeem that coupon? Thank you, and sorry for my english.

RE: Donation Discount - SHODANFreeman - 07-11-2010

The coupon expired when the Humble bundle offer was over. Sorry. Sad

RE: Donation Discount - skiopp - 07-11-2010

(07-11-2010, 07:09 AM)SHODANFreeman Wrote: The coupon expired when the Humble bundle offer was over. Sorry. Sad

I've got it... Unfortunately I've played for the first time the game yesterday. There aren't other discounts for who buyed the first chapter?

Or will be available in the future the Mac edition on Steam?

Thank you

RE: Donation Discount - SHODANFreeman - 07-11-2010

(07-11-2010, 04:16 PM)skiopp Wrote: I've got it... Unfortunately I've played for the first time the game yesterday. There aren't other discounts for who buyed the first chapter?

Or will be available in the future the Mac edition on Steam?

I'm fairly sure that the Mac version will be available at some point on Steam, but in the mean time, GamersGate.com and MacGameStore.com both charge the same price as Steam and Frictional for Penumbra Collection, so unfortunately you'd have to pay the full $20 at the moment to get the rest of the games on Mac. (And if you end up doing so, I'd recommend buying direct from Frictional)

Steam offers Black Plague Gold for $15 (and the retail version on Amazon is even cheaper), which is all that you're missing, since you already have Overture, but they are PC only at the moment. Sad

RE: Donation Discount - Yuhaney - 07-11-2010

I don't believe there's gonna be any discounts soon.
There's been lots and lots of discounts during the past year, so I won't believe Frictional Games are going to make another discount for some time now.

RE: Donation Discount - skiopp - 07-11-2010

I've got it, there aren't any official statemens about steam mac version?
I'm interested in Steam because at the same price I can have the download service lifetime and I can install both Windows and Mac versions.

Anyway, thank you for your help!

RE: Donation Discount - SHODANFreeman - 07-12-2010

If you buy from Frictional, you'd only get the Mac version (unfortunately), but they don't use any DRM in their installer other than a simple serial key check, so if you saved your key, you'd be able to have it for as long as you have the installer. Smile

RE: Donation Discount - skiopp - 07-12-2010

(07-12-2010, 02:35 AM)SHODANFreeman Wrote: If you buy from Frictional, you'd only get the Mac version (unfortunately), but they don't use any DRM in their installer other than a simple serial key check, so if you saved your key, you'd be able to have it for as long as you have the installer. Smile

Sure, but that's the point, if I loose the installer I must pay to redownload the game, yes there's the eSellerate service, but it cost 5$ and it's only for one year, with Steam I've got the dowload service life-time without any extracost, plus I can share the savegames between machines and others plus. It's a big deal.

RE: Donation Discount - jens - 07-12-2010

You don't have to pay to re-download, the games are available at shelf.frictionalgames.com for "lifetime" or for as long as we are around and are capable of providing the service.

RE: Donation Discount - skiopp - 07-13-2010

(07-12-2010, 08:00 PM)jens Wrote: You don't have to pay to re-download, the games are available at shelf.frictionalgames.com for "lifetime" or for as long as we are around and are capable of providing the service.

That's a good news... I'm going buying it Wink

I think that your shop is a little confusing, because there's the esellerate download service for just one year with an extra fee, this can prevent some people like me buying it.

If I can give you a suggestion, editing the cart expliciting that there is the shelf where you can re-download the games you buyed can lead to a better conversion rate.

Thank you.