Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
All Amnesia demo discussion HERE - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE (/thread-3732.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE - Frontcannon - 09-03-2010

(09-03-2010, 05:17 PM)suibriel Wrote: Sorry, how the hell did you die 5+ times?

Just jump on a box...?

Sometimes the monster didn't care and hit me anyway Sad

RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE - WereWolf - 09-03-2010

(09-03-2010, 05:11 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: I have to say it didn't scare me as much as Penumbra, but that's likely because I now am an experienced horror player, before Penumbra, I wasn't..

Tis only a demo, if my memory serves me right, I don't think there was a demo for Penumbra.

I'm definitely thinking Amnesia will be a terrifying experience.

RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE - RyviusRan - 09-03-2010

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but SSAO seems to be horribly bugged.

I can't even run it on medium with 4 samples.

I could run SSAO on all the other games that use it just fine.

The last one which was Just Cause 2 ran fine.

But with SSAO on even the lowest possible settings I get 14 fps, even at the profile screen.

I have a

AMD Athlon X2 5200+ 2.7 ghz
8800gt
2 gigs ddr2 800mhz RAM
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

I hope they fix the problem with SSAO soon.

RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE - Akong - 09-03-2010

(09-03-2010, 05:02 PM)Scraper Wrote: That is weird. O.o
Nope. It didn't happen for me. I think you should try posting that into technical support! Sounds like some bug or something...
I've tried turning off several graphical options, but it's still there. If I turn of insanity effects it reverts to normal, so I assumed it was an intended effect.
I have no idea, how this could be happening otherwise.

RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE - bitzaxp90 - 09-03-2010

I couldn't see the monster at the water part, how does he look? I just couldn't see him, I saw the water getting hit by footsteps, but the monster is like invisible.. and I can't get further because my game blocks if I press esc, to access the journal or inventory... stupid video card Sad

How does the monster look anyway? Tongue

RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE - suibriel - 09-03-2010

I don't think you're meant to be able to see it Smile

(09-03-2010, 05:21 PM)bitzaxp90 Wrote: I couldn't see the monster at the water part, how does he look? I just couldn't see him, I saw the water getting hit by footsteps, but the monster is like invisible.. and I can't get further because my game blocks if I press esc, to access the journal or inventory... stupid video card Sad

How does the monster look anyway? Tongue
You kinda misunderstood the intended effect there xD

RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE - RyviusRan - 09-03-2010

so does anyone have the FPS problem with SSAO on?

(09-03-2010, 05:18 PM)WereWolf Wrote: Tis only a demo, if my memory serves me right, I don't think there was a demo for Penumbra.

What did I write there?? I should have written 'the demo', not 'Amnesia' Tongue
(09-03-2010, 05:24 PM)RyviusRan Wrote: so does anyone have the FPS problem with SSAO on?

I can run it fine on Medium with 16x sampling on my 8600 GT.. on 32x sampling it goes down 10 approx. 15-20 frames.

RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE - Amakir - 09-03-2010

Sadly the demo is unplayable for me.

(09-03-2010, 05:18 PM)WereWolf Wrote:
(09-03-2010, 05:11 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: I have to say it didn't scare me as much as Penumbra, but that's likely because I now am an experienced horror player, before Penumbra, I wasn't..

Tis only a demo, if my memory serves me right, I don't think there was a demo for Penumbra.

There was a Penumbra demo.