Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Annoying Amnesia The Dark Descent graphics glitch - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Annoying Amnesia The Dark Descent graphics glitch (/thread-3795.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Annoying Amnesia The Dark Descent graphics glitch - Thomas - 09-06-2010

It seems kinda rare too. I have not heard anyone report it but you and the 10.8 driver pack is since 25th last month, so a few people should have it.

Could you download penumbra demo and see if you have the same problem?

The only solution I can think of right now is to have a turn-off halo option. Will not be able to do that until after release though.

RE: Annoying Amnesia The Dark Descent graphics glitch - caseystryker - 09-06-2010

Odd thing is, I've gotten every single Penumbra game from steam and have never had any issues. I'll try running them now to see if I have any similar problems.

Also, seems like Windows 7 auto-updates some drivers (at least some report indicate that). So turning off autoupdate when doing
uninstall -> reboot-> install -> reboot
for the drivers might help.

Another idea is to try and install an older driver and see if that helps.

RE: Annoying Amnesia The Dark Descent graphics glitch - caseystryker - 09-06-2010

Let me retract that previous statement. I started playing Penumbra Overture and noticed the same issue, though it's not as prevalent as it is with Amnesia. I originally played them on my old...and I mean old 9800xt and didn't have these issues. I'll try an older driver version.

RE: Annoying Amnesia The Dark Descent graphics glitch - heflys20 - 09-06-2010

I'm also experiencing the same problem with my 5830. And my drivers are the recently released 10.8 Catalyst. BTW, I'm on XP. I'll try the older drivers.
Okay, I reverted all the way back to the 10.5 Catalyst drivers, yet I'm still experiencing the same phenomenon (seeing lights through walls). Did the driver sweep also.

Howe wierd Huh

An error for a single card seems very strange. Especially since toher cards in 5xxx-series seem to be working.

RE: Annoying Amnesia The Dark Descent graphics glitch - Yuhaney - 09-06-2010

How about turning Catalyst A.I. off?
Does that do anything?

RE: Annoying Amnesia The Dark Descent graphics glitch - Jeron - 09-06-2010

Hi, I've got the exact same problem. Also in Penumbra series.

Running on HD5830, latest drivers.

Gonna try those things mentioned above.

edit: disabling catalyst ai didnt change anything.

RE: Annoying Amnesia The Dark Descent graphics glitch - heflys20 - 09-06-2010

(09-06-2010, 10:24 AM)Scraper Wrote: How about turning Catalyst A.I. off?
Does that do anything?

Nope. And I reverted back to the 10.8 drivers, same thing.

RE: Annoying Amnesia The Dark Descent graphics glitch - Mr Fish - 09-06-2010

Same problem, same card.

Also have it in Penumbra ect.