Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
demo = spoilers? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: demo = spoilers? (/thread-3828.html)

Pages: 1 2

demo = spoilers? - wcer - 09-06-2010

I'm increasingly tempted to play the demo but I'm worried about taking away from my experience on Wednesday (silly, I know).

How much of the game is in the demo?

RE: demo = spoilers? - LoneWolf - 09-06-2010

(09-06-2010, 02:31 PM)wcer Wrote: I'm increasingly tempted to play the demo but I'm worried about taking away from my experience on Wednesday (silly, I know).

How much of the game is in the demo?

Very little is in the demo to be honest (10-15 minutes, depends on how you play). It mainly prepares you for the full game, ei. controls and the scare factor and graphics/sound.

I heard that the demo was changed from the full released version (not alot) of the game, so things will happen differently.

But anyway the games out very soon so waiting wont hurt.

RE: demo = spoilers? - nofsky - 09-06-2010

This blog post has some info about what's in the demo. Also, most of the parts of the demo has already been shown in FG's Youtube videos.

RE: demo = spoilers? - jens - 09-06-2010

If you are already set on playing the full game, don't play the demo. Full game is around the corner so I think you'll enjoy it more not having touched the demo.

RE: demo = spoilers? - wcer - 09-06-2010

Great, thanks for the info everyone. I'll await launch myself and direct uncertain "friends" (psht if they didn't pre-order Amnesia can they really be deemed friends?) to the demo.

RE: demo = spoilers? - Rosto - 09-06-2010

I think You should at least check if it the demo runs properly on Your computer (from a technical stand point). There's nothing worst than spend the money on a game You'll be unable to play.

RE: demo = spoilers? - Yuhaney - 09-06-2010

(09-06-2010, 04:30 PM)RosTo Wrote: I think You should at least check if it the demo runs properly on Your computer (from a technical stand point). There's nothing worst than spend the money on a game You'll be unable to play.

True on that.

I bought Need For Speed: Shift for 50€ and it didn't even work very well on my computer even though I have half better specs than the ones given in back of the Shift's box.

I searched for patch or hotfix, and there's no such thing which would improve the gameplay in any form, just adds more cars etc. .
Also, I noticed that people with almost the same specs than mine, get same bad results and people with lower specs get great gameplay without lags.

RE: demo = spoilers? - mrmOU - 09-06-2010

I played a little bit of the demo just to see if it worked on my PC then I removed it.

RE: demo = spoilers? - MulleDK19 - 09-06-2010

(09-06-2010, 05:11 PM)mrmOU Wrote: I played a little bit of the demo just to see if it worked on my PC then I removed it.

so much trouble of adding #ifdef DEMOVERSION all over the place just for you to throw it out xD

RE: demo = spoilers? - mrmOU - 09-06-2010

(09-06-2010, 05:17 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote:
(09-06-2010, 05:11 PM)mrmOU Wrote: I played a little bit of the demo just to see if it worked on my PC then I removed it.

so much trouble of adding #ifdef DEMOVERSION all over the place just for you to throw it out xD

Smile I don't think I was the target audience for the demo, I love the penumbra series and was going to buy ATDD with or without a demo.