Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Tuurngait in the game - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Tuurngait in the game (/thread-3887.html)

Tuurngait in the game - Lycoris - 09-07-2010

Hi everyone! In one of the game videos (the one where it is shown how the room is created, and then you have to get out of it) i noticed a tuurngait in the end. Thought you might be interested. Sorry if it has already been posted (I'm new here). Here's the pic:
[attachment=463]

RE: Tuurngait in the game - MassacrMan - 09-07-2010

that was a video of an older build where they used the Tuurngait model as a placeholder.

RE: Tuurngait in the game - Yuhaney - 09-07-2010

Maybe they have imported all the previous models into the level editor?
Who knows. Tongue

RE: Tuurngait in the game - RMJ - 09-08-2010

It was a place holder, when they were showing off the editor.

Oh man i cant wait for the editor, i hope its somewhat easy to use. Smile who doesnt want to build spooky castles Big Grin

RE: Tuurngait in the game - -[Badger]- - 09-08-2010

a spooky castle or a good thriller game based on the original Alien if it isnt squashed by Fox.

RE: Tuurngait in the game - Dark Knight - 09-08-2010

(09-07-2010, 11:52 PM)Lycoris Wrote: Hi everyone! In one of the game videos (the one where it is shown how the room is created, and then you have to get out of it) i noticed a tuurngait in the end. Thought you might be interested. Sorry if it has already been posted (I'm new here). Here's the pic:

say hello to his little bro Big Grin

[Image: mosnter.th.png]

RE: Tuurngait in the game - MulleDK19 - 09-08-2010

(09-07-2010, 11:52 PM)Lycoris Wrote: Hi everyone! In one of the game videos (the one where it is shown how the room is created, and then you have to get out of it) i noticed a tuurngait in the end. Thought you might be interested. Sorry if it has already been posted (I'm new here). Here's the pic:

As cleraly described by the huge fat texts in the video, it was a placeholder. It's by no means in the game.

RE: Tuurngait in the game - Bulbatron - 09-08-2010

I was wondering about the editor. How easy will it be to use? My only experience with level editors/creators in recent times, has been with those that came with the Far Cry games. Most of my game playing is done on console and so I have zero actual proper experience in anything really that technical.

So I was just wondering whether I'll likely even be able to understand the editor, let alone use it.

I would love to make a level though.

RE: Tuurngait in the game - MulleDK19 - 09-08-2010

(09-08-2010, 10:10 AM)Bulbatron Wrote: I was wondering about the editor. How easy will it be to use? My only experience with level editors/creators in recent times, has been with those that came with the Far Cry games. Most of my game playing is done on console and so I have zero actual proper experience in anything really that technical.

So I was just wondering whether I'll likely even be able to understand the editor, let alone use it.

I would love to make a level though.

It's real easy.

You just select items from a list, drag them to the game world, then move them using the X,Y and Z axis', or hold down the mouse wheel button (middle mouse button) and move the mouse, to rotate items, etc.

Though, to make anything useful, you'll need to learn AngelScript.