Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Thank you Frictional Games - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Thank you Frictional Games (/thread-4032.html)

Thank you Frictional Games - Nagga - 09-09-2010

I'm a huge fan of the Penumbra series after being told about them by a friend. Overture and Black Plague were the only games I've ever felt truly helpless and scared while playing. As soon as I heard about a new release from Frictional Games I put a lot of hype on it and pre-ordered pretty much instantly.

I started playing at night yesterday, room completely blacked out, no light except what was coming from my monitor, headphones on max, window open with a chilly breeze coming in - completely immersed.

Thus far I've made it to the storage room after being chased by the invisible water monster. But this room is the most unnerving place I've ever seen, I've lit every single torch/candle I could find in here and it's not helping me feel any less uneasy. I'm physically finding it hard to bring myself back to playing Amnesia knowing that I've left off in this room. I tried to resume numerous times but saved and quit about 10 minutes later after each attempt.

The whole point in creating this thread isn't to say I'm finding it hard to continue, it's to congratulate and thank Frictional Games. I knew this game would be excellent after watching a few trailers and I even thought it may actually surpass Penumbra in ability to deliver fear to the player. But this has blown my expectations so far out of the water. The atmosphere of this game is absolutely perfect; the sounds, the visuals, the unnerving feeling that I'm being watched all the time, everything I've encountered with this game has been spot on.

I'd like to personally thank Frictional Games for creating games like the Penumbra series and Amnesia. Thank you for persevering with this game despite the financial troubles you've encountered during its development. Thank you for being different with the games you create. Without companies like you PC gaming wouldn't be the same at all. You really deserve a lot more recognition than you're getting. I hope Amnesia changes this and you can continue to create amazing games.

RE: Thank you Frictional Games - thrash242 - 09-10-2010

I absolutely agree.

Thanks, Frictional. Thanks for keeping the almost-dead genre of survival horror alive and making an awesome game.

RE: Thank you Frictional Games - Amnesia - 09-10-2010

I was thinking... Frictional really made a wise choice by releasing the level editor. This will lead people to create survival horror mods and even new survival horror games (with the same engine of Amnesia of course), so when the editor is released... the "almost-dead survival horror" genre will resurrect Tongue

RE: Thank you Frictional Games - -[Badger]- - 09-10-2010

undead survival genre?

I agree with nagga as well. and will continue to promote your games. Thanx guys for making another great game.

RE: Thank you Frictional Games - wrath - 09-10-2010

It has been said a lot I think, but it never seems enough. Horror is no easy genre, especially on a budget, and while I heard something about art and limitations, bankrupcy is certainly not something you should have to fear. Your games are much too awesome, and very well priced. Keep up the good work!
EDIT: Its also nice to see that the Japanese aren't the only ones that can do horror.