Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Just finished Amnesia and.... - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Just finished Amnesia and.... (/thread-4487.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Just finished Amnesia and.... - CD Set - 11-12-2010

(09-24-2010, 12:23 PM)Crabski Wrote: You'd think people would understand that Penumbra: OVERTURE is the first game.

Yeah, see... I think that's one of those big words most people don't seem to understand the meaning of.

RE: Just finished Amnesia and.... - Spooder Wekd - 11-12-2010

upon googling overture, penumbra series is the first thing to pop up! Big Grin

RE: Just finished Amnesia and.... - hollowleviathan - 11-12-2010

Not for me.

Add my voice to the chorus saying you should play them in order, but I really enjoyed Requiem, myself. Don't skip it!

RE: Just finished Amnesia and.... - Monkeyballs25 - 11-12-2010

(09-24-2010, 12:23 PM)Crabski Wrote: You'd think people would understand that Penumbra: OVERTURE is the first game.

Hardly, I didn't know what Overture meant till I checked just now, only that it had some connection to classical music.

RE: Just finished Amnesia and.... - w3sp - 11-20-2010

Okay, after having finished Amnesia and all 3 Penumbra games (2+1), this is my personal ranking of those games:

1. Amnesia
Scariest game I've ever seen and played! Might re-play this game now that I finished the Penumbra games.

2. Penumbra - Black Plague
Very scary and creepy at some parts, but it lacked a little bit intensity and surprises. But maybe that's just because I've played it after Amnesia.

3. Penumbra - Overture
It was very scary early on when the first dogs appeared, jeez. But then...later on I was able to handle the weapons a bit better and could safely kill all dogs while standing on boxes, etc. The weapons made the game a lot less scarier.

3. Penumbra - Requiem
Some nice puzzles, but the game itself wasn't scary at all, unfortunately...finished it in 3 hours.

RE: Just finished Amnesia and.... - Petike - 11-21-2010

"Overture" is probably a too artsy word. Tongue Or doesn't sound that obvious. I dunno.

RE: Just finished Amnesia and.... - hollowleviathan - 11-21-2010

The second hint to the order of the games can also be found in the name of this forum (Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem).

RE: Just finished Amnesia and.... - Toasty - 06-06-2011

I, for some CRAZY reason, never like Overture that much and I accidently spoiled the Overture ending so I started with Black Plague

RE: Just finished Amnesia and.... - gandalf91 - 06-06-2011

(11-21-2010, 10:08 AM)Petike Wrote:

"Overture" is probably a too artsy word. Tongue Or doesn't sound that obvious. I dunno.

Sure sounds a hell of a lot better than something like Penumbra: The Beginning, or Penumbra: Origins. I liked the term "Overture" being used so well in context. Would not propose anything different.

RE: Just finished Amnesia and.... - Darkchef - 06-08-2011

(11-20-2010, 01:39 AM)w3sp Wrote: Okay, after having finished Amnesia and all 3 Penumbra games (2+1), this is my personal ranking of those games:

1. Amnesia
Scariest game I've ever seen and played! Might re-play this game now that I finished the Penumbra games.

2. Penumbra - Black Plague
Very scary and creepy at some parts, but it lacked a little bit intensity and surprises. But maybe that's just because I've played it after Amnesia.

3. Penumbra - Overture
It was very scary early on when the first dogs appeared, jeez. But then...later on I was able to handle the weapons a bit better and could safely kill all dogs while standing on boxes, etc. The weapons made the game a lot less scarier.

3. Penumbra - Requiem
Some nice puzzles, but the game itself wasn't scary at all, unfortunately...finished it in 3 hours.

I would say about the same, requiem just seems rather pointless to me...