Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
really major ortografic error in spanish main menu - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: really major ortografic error in spanish main menu (/thread-4733.html)

really major ortografic error in spanish main menu - shaola - 09-24-2010

Hello, i've notice a big error in the spanish translation of main menu. I don't now how i didn't notice before.

The text sais: Iniciar nueba partida
it is nueva, not nueba.

maybe you should fix it in the next patch.
Just for the record i am using linux version. I guess that the issue appears in all versions, but just in case...

RE: really major ortografic error in spanish main menu - Mafer - 09-25-2010

Yeah, I noticed various mistakes in the spanish version during the game.

RE: really major ortografic error in spanish main menu - Luis - 09-26-2010

I am aware there is stuff needing a fix in the spanish translation, all is under control Smile

As for the main menu error, it is actually correct (you can check it is "nueva" in the .lang file), it just looks wrong because of the font used for that text, b's and v's can be a bit hard to tell apart. Thanks for the warning though.

RE: really major ortografic error in spanish main menu - Frontcannon - 09-26-2010

(09-26-2010, 01:18 AM)Luis Wrote: As for the main menu error, it is actually correct (you can check it is "nueva" in the .lang file), it just looks wrong because of the font used for that text, b's and v's can be a bit hard to tell apart. Thanks for the warning though.

Speaking of the font, would you release it? It looks quite cool!

RE: really major ortografic error in spanish main menu - Mafer - 09-26-2010

(09-26-2010, 01:18 AM)Luis Wrote: I am aware there is stuff needing a fix in the spanish translation, all is under control Smile

As for the main menu error, it is actually correct (you can check it is "nueva" in the .lang file), it just looks wrong because of the font used for that text, b's and v's can be a bit hard to tell apart. Thanks for the warning though.

Cool beans.
Nice avatar btw XD

RE: really major ortografic error in spanish main menu - Lateralus - 09-26-2010

(09-26-2010, 02:11 AM)Frontcannon Wrote:
(09-26-2010, 01:18 AM)Luis Wrote: As for the main menu error, it is actually correct (you can check it is "nueva" in the .lang file), it just looks wrong because of the font used for that text, b's and v's can be a bit hard to tell apart. Thanks for the warning though.

Speaking of the font, would you release it? It looks quite cool!

yeah this, it would be really cool if you could release it

RE: really major ortografic error in spanish main menu - Luis - 10-01-2010

(09-26-2010, 02:11 AM)Frontcannon Wrote: Speaking of the font, would you release it? It looks quite cool!

(09-26-2010, 10:38 PM)Lateralus Wrote: yeah this, it would be really cool if you could release it

You can get it right here Smile

(09-26-2010, 07:01 PM)Mafer Wrote: Cool beans.
Nice avatar btw XD

Thanks, it actually reflects how the last near-to-three years in my life have been more or less Tongue
Nice avatar yourself! Big Grin

RE: really major ortografic error in spanish main menu - Frontcannon - 10-01-2010

(10-01-2010, 05:47 PM)Luis Wrote: You can get it right here Smile

Thank you!