Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Game freezes in the Archives - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Game freezes in the Archives (/thread-4753.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Game freezes in the Archives - Thomas - 10-01-2010

(09-30-2010, 07:16 PM)Flodda Wrote: hey, cool the Omega Drivers seem to fix the problem with the crashes, graphical issues still remain but they aren't such a big issue.

Game is getting pretty scary though *shudder* Big Grin

Glad to hear! What kind of graphical issues do you have left?

RE: Game freezes in the Archives - Flodda - 10-01-2010

Well, at certain places the graphics get really weird, it's like you see double and one view is just on a part of the screen, very hard to describe, would make a screenshot but dunno how.

This just happens at specific places, for example the hallway that leads to the elevator and the study room, guest room etc.

Though when this bug occurs it stays this way until restart of the game, even the main menu has these strange graphics then, though reading a note or looking in the inventory or getting these white flashes with text how some person got tortured, are not affected.

Apart from that the game runs great with these drivers, thanks again!

(10-01-2010, 08:52 AM)Thomas Wrote:
(09-30-2010, 07:16 PM)Flodda Wrote: hey, cool the Omega Drivers seem to fix the problem with the crashes, graphical issues still remain but they aren't such a big issue.

Game is getting pretty scary though *shudder* Big Grin

Glad to hear! What kind of graphical issues do you have left?

RE: Game freezes in the Archives - Flodda - 10-02-2010

ok, managed to make a screenshot, ingame it looks like this:

[Image: graphicbug2.jpg]

And the main menu after exiting the game then looks like this:

[Image: graphicbug1.jpg]

it's like everything is seen double and one vision projects everything 1/3rd of its normal size in the lower left corner and it only happens at specific locations, but there it happens everytime

RE: Game freezes in the Archives - Thomas - 10-04-2010

Flodda:
You can try turning on of all post effects (in options->graphics->advanced). See if it goes away and if it does, turn them back one and one and see what might be causing (that way you can turn this post effect off).

Note that turning post effects on/off does not require restart!

RE: Game freezes in the Archives - Flodda - 10-05-2010

Just found out what caused it, it weren't the post-effects, it's the graphic option, called "Brechung" in german (I have the german version), in english ist should be called refraction or so.

If I switch that off the bug doesn't occur, dunno how important that option is for atmosphere and why it only occurs at specific places but thats cool.

Finally I can play the game bug- and crash-free. Thanks for the great support, you don't get this from any of the big companies.
I think I only buy frictional games from now on ;-)

Keep it up!

RE: Game freezes in the Archives - Robby - 10-21-2010

Im having the same problem. Graphics card is ATI Radeon X1500. Im using ATI Catalyst Center usually. I'm also having this random crash. Don't know which way should I use the Omega Drivers. I could use a little help

RE: Game freezes in the Archives - Robby - 10-21-2010

Updated my ATI Catalyst version to 10.2 and also updated the Display Driver. The game runs longer, but still crashes.

RE: Game freezes in the Archives - Flodda - 10-23-2010

try the omega drivers Thomas mentioned. They work fine for me. Catalyst just crash the game at certain points

Here is a more accurate link for ATI Omega drivers, just choose your Operating System, download them and good luck!

http://www.omegadrivers.net/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=section&id=1&Itemid=54

RE: Game freezes in the Archives - Robby - 10-23-2010

You're too kind, Flodda. I'll give it a try. God help us and have mercy.

RE: Game freezes in the Archives - Robby - 10-24-2010

This ain't right. FLodda, the ATI Omega Drivers don't work. Im still getting crashes. But Penumbra series work fine. Also I have an ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 Series. Maybe that is the problem? Installed Omega Drivers two ways, but nothing. Still freezing.
Im only having black screens, and the computer doesn't freeze. It's like a blind gaming of some sort.