Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Blog (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" (/thread-4969.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Torque - 11-09-2010

(11-01-2010, 06:28 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Wasn't it released in box form to physical stores in Russia?

Oh, man if you'd only know how awful russian version is.

RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Tanshaydar - 11-09-2010

(11-09-2010, 05:17 PM)Torque Wrote: Oh, man if you'd only know how awful russian version is.

Why?

RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Tottel - 11-09-2010

Because it's.. Russian? XD Nah, no idea.

.. But do they really have a box? O.o
Want one!

RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Tanshaydar - 11-09-2010

Yeah, Russian version is being distributed via boxed edition. But afaik, it's completely Russian with voice acting.

RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Nospheratu - 11-10-2010

(11-09-2010, 06:35 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Yeah, Russian version is being distributed via boxed edition. But afaik, it's completely Russian with voice acting.

Whoa, that would be interesting to hear; but i agree that sometimes changing the voices can ruin the expirience Undecided

RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Torque - 11-11-2010

(11-09-2010, 05:28 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 05:17 PM)Torque Wrote: Oh, man if you'd only know how awful russian version is.

Why?

Well my biggest complain is about voice acting. Voices are not fit at all. And you know what they did? They actually did two different Daniels - good and evil. And let players to choose which one voice will be use. And they're both are boring.

RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Tanshaydar - 11-11-2010

lol wut? Let the players to choose? OMFG:/

RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Nospheratu - 11-12-2010

(11-11-2010, 06:16 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: lol wut? Let the players to choose? OMFG:/

That is exactly what I thought... WTF?! Who came up with that idea? Sorry to say this but it wasn't good imo. There should be only 1 neutral-sounding voice which let's the player decide at the end if Daniel & Alexander are good or evil and what to do about it. If you have to decide this at the start of the game, you get a totally different gaming expirience, plus you have lost a part of the mistery from the beginning (you know about the dilemma before you even start).

RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Sexbad - 11-12-2010

Russian localization is handled by people at 1C Company, not Frictional.

RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - Nospheratu - 11-12-2010

(11-12-2010, 09:53 PM)Lee Wrote: Russian localization is handled by people at 1C Company, not Frictional.

Oh, ok then, never mind then Blush i'll edit a bit.