Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
COME AND SEE - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: COME AND SEE (/thread-53730.html)

Pages: 1 2

COME AND SEE - Hotzenplotz - 05-04-2017

Here's another great movie that I wanted to talk about: "Come and See"
It's an anti-war movie and the most realistic and intense ever created. This movie will take you seriously into the war and doesn't feel like it's just a "movie". The story is placed in Byelorussia 1943 as german facists wanted to exterminate all sowjet people. It's literally the human evil as a film, way more intense than "Schindler's List". "Come and see" is the hell of terror, the abyssed atrocities that people mutually do. I have rarely felt so uncomfortable with a film. And if this is only a film, how must even be reality? And yet, or rather, precisely from these extremely high intensity one of the most important anti-war films in history.

It is also interesting to investigate the origin of this film. How many years worked on the production! Director Elem Klimov has experienced the war in Stalingrad as a child. His village was burnt down. He said he was in hell. With this film he wanted to realize his vision. They used real ammunition for the filming and often the bullets flew only 10 cm past his head. The moor scene was real too. You will see a cow shooting down in the film. She was actually shot in real life and died for the film. But they said she was ill. Klimov's goal was to produce an anti-war film, which really conveys the atrocities of the war and not only acts like a "movie". This has succeeded on the whole line. The 15-year-old main actor, who did an incredible performance, has almost become mentally ill.

If you haven't already seen this movie, you really should. But keep in mind this movie is not fun. It's extremely hard to consume.

RE: COME AND SEE - Traggey - 05-04-2017

Hi Googol, fancy having you here.

I like hand icons in games. Especially when they tell me what to do. Like grab things, or twist them.

RE: COME AND SEE - Slanderous - 05-04-2017

Gothic sucks and you know it.

RE: COME AND SEE - Yuhaney - 05-04-2017

The moment you started making these kind of threads it become obvious. Why don't you start a YouTube channel since you want to recommend obscure things nobody has ever heard of? That is kind of a thing there.

(05-04-2017, 08:05 PM)Slanderous Wrote: Gothic sucks and you know it.

WHOA, WHoa, whoa! Not so fast. Maybe the third one, but second is pure gold! Even the name says it, so it must be true. Seriously though, love the game.

RE: COME AND SEE - Hotzenplotz - 05-04-2017

Traggey, are you still 10 years old?

Slanderous, Gothic 1+2 are the best games ever created. But if you want to be funny or start a discussion about other things, make a separate thread or send me a personal message.

Sorry for sharing good stuff here, you guys have to grow up first.

RE: COME AND SEE - Traggey - 05-04-2017

Don't come back :3 You've been banned a billion times by now. We don't want you here. BYE!

RE: COME AND SEE - Deep One - 05-19-2017

Now that's what I call circlejerking, "waah waah I don't want this guy around here, let's ban him again because he annoyed us five years ago"

(05-04-2017, 08:13 PM)Ilkka X Wrote: Why don't you start a YouTube channel since you want to recommend obscure things nobody has ever heard of? That is kind of a thing there.

Because recommending and discussing a psychological horror movie is stricly forbidden on the off-topic section of a horror-related forum.

Come and See is a great movie.

RE: COME AND SEE - Traggey - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 09:14 AM)Deep One Wrote: Now that's what I call circlejerking, "waah waah I don't want this guy around here, let's ban him again because he annoyed us five years ago"

You've clearly no idea what actually went down, Googol has since his multiple bans ( Around 4-5 now I believe ) created MANY accounts which we've banned. ( DO NOTE! Multiple accounts is against the forum rules )

He was banned not for "annoying us" but for racist comments, dismissive behaviour towards moderators ( That includes many more of us and not just me ) sending death threats and homophobic slurs via PMs amongst many other things.

RE: COME AND SEE - Deep One - 05-19-2017

I remember having my fair share of arguing with Googol over stupid things but didn't know shit went down that hard. Maybe he had a breakdown or something, strong personalities tend to get dramatic once and a while, especially when getting picked all the time.

RE: COME AND SEE - Traggey - 05-19-2017

These slurs and bad behaviour was common occourance during a period of years, it hardly had anything to do with cracking down. It's simply his personality.