Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier (/thread-5398.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Dusty926 - 02-03-2013

(01-30-2013, 01:10 AM)Gaboon Viper Wrote: More jumpscares and monsters.
Get out...now.

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - failedALIAS - 02-04-2013

(01-30-2013, 09:28 AM)Tigerwaw Wrote:

Run! Leave the forum before they eat you alive!

Too late.

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - PutraenusAlivius - 02-04-2013

Get out of this forum and never return again or perish! (I'm kidding, LOL don't take me seriously, duh!)

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Syronix - 02-07-2013

A map that has 100 doors everytime you open it the room is dark and there is a door that you must choose if you choose it wisely then you'll be free if not then perish and no one will remember your history nor your presence

What about this?

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Vonicon - 02-07-2013

What I think would be much more horror:

For example - the prison, monster spawns and does not despawn until you leave the are for the next level, it patrols, always searches you and you have always the feeling or fear of it coming around the next corner Smile

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - felixmole - 02-07-2013

(02-07-2013, 04:50 PM)Vonicon Wrote: What I think would be much more horror:

For example - the prison, monster spawns and does not despawn until you leave the are for the next level, it patrols, always searches you and you have always the feeling or fear of it coming around the next corner Smile
This is the difference between a psychological horror game and a plain horror game Wink

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - benscott - 02-07-2013

While Amnesia's frightening effect is a great factor of the game, I think the thing that made it best was how deep the story went and how it focused on both fright AND story. Just saiyan. Wink

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - amnesiabeast - 02-07-2013

I know only about half of you will agree, but i actually do think more jump scares and monsters would be scarrier. If you think about it, it's the monsters that make things scary. Amnesia is a great horror game, but when you don't see the monster sometimes, you're like "boring," how do I know there even IS a monster to be scared of. We need to see more monster types you know. Also there should be some larger monsters. Small monsters aren't as scary because it's like "I could take him out if I wanted to"

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Dusty926 - 02-07-2013

(02-07-2013, 06:13 PM)amnesiabeast Wrote: I know only about half of you will agree, but i actually do think more jump scares and monsters would be scarrier. If you think about it, it's the monsters that make things scary. Amnesia is a great horror game, but when you don't see the monster sometimes, you're like "boring," how do I know there even IS a monster to be scared of. We need to see more monster types you know. Also there should be some larger monsters. Small monsters aren't as scary because it's like "I could take him out if I wanted to"

No. Not at all. Never. Not true. Not true one bit. Not in a million years will that ever be true.

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - amnesiabeast - 02-07-2013

(02-07-2013, 09:02 PM)Dusty926 Wrote:
(02-07-2013, 06:13 PM)amnesiabeast Wrote: I know only about half of you will agree, but i actually do think more jump scares and monsters would be scarrier. If you think about it, it's the monsters that make things scary. Amnesia is a great horror game, but when you don't see the monster sometimes, you're like "boring," how do I know there even IS a monster to be scared of. We need to see more monster types you know. Also there should be some larger monsters. Small monsters aren't as scary because it's like "I could take him out if I wanted to"

No. Not at all. Never. Not true. Not true one bit. Not in a million years will that ever be true.

Which part? Do you at least agree that a few LARGER monsters would be scarrier? Or that we should be able to see the monster without it distorting the screen?