Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier (/thread-5398.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Xanatos - 01-07-2011

Perhaps one of the grunts got his leather strap/belt/whatever caught on something and is trying to get loose?

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Firia - 01-08-2011

(01-07-2011, 12:29 PM)Xanatos Wrote: Perhaps one of the grunts got his leather strap/belt/whatever caught on something and is trying to get loose?

That feels pretty weak to me.

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Xanatos - 01-08-2011

Okay... how about you have to retrieve something from a pedestal in a pool of water? We all know why the water's dangerous.

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Sel - 01-08-2011

If you're craving a scarier Amnesia you could just pop a few tabs of LSD and then play it again.

js

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - TheFixXxer NL - 01-08-2011

I'm just at the part that i heard the piano. I think i have played enough amnesia for today. I completed Black Plague i really enjoyed that. Played requim but i din't really liked that someone. I stopped playing with that one

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Xanthara - 01-08-2011

Hi, everyone. :] I'm new here~

Ooo. Awesome ideas. *o*

I really like the chained monster-puzzled idea. I keep imagining like a giant mutated guard dog of some sort, or perhaps a large guardian-esque creature chained up next to the item you need. A typical grunt is scary, but the thought of a "special" monster guarding the item of interest may add to the thrill of it.

The idea of going into a room with monsters surrounding you reminds me of a scene in the Condemned games.

(Potential Condemned (level part) spoilers?)
...These mannequins follow you behind your back, and each time you turn around they're like a few steps closer to you. Eventually when you get to the corner of a room, you turn around and they're all surrounding you. Nothing happens. It's just creepy as hell.
I think that may have been inspired by the living garden hedge animals in... Um... Stephen King's IT?
(End Potential spoilers.)

Personally, I don't like the idea of having a monster pop up at you from a closet. It's not that it's too scary, I'm just thinking how a person could possibly escape that. And then, you have to wonder, "WHY is the monster hanging out in there in the first place? -_-" It doesn't seem like a possible scenario.

Has anyone here played Haunting Ground? I saw someone mention that there should be multiple places to hide in (i.e. hide under a desk) and that monsters will look for you. That happened in Haunting Ground. Jeez, that was scary. Sometimes, if you hid in the same place too many times, they'd catch on and find you there. Your only choice left was to run like crazy. I remember hiding under a bed and my first enemy looked there and he was like, "LOL HI. Time to kill you nao." That would have been exciting in Amnesia.

so yeah. :3

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Frontcannon - 01-09-2011

(01-08-2011, 10:06 PM)Xanthara Wrote: I think that may have been inspired by the living garden hedge animals in... Um... Stephen King's IT?

Wasn't that Shining?

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Xanthara - 01-09-2011

(01-09-2011, 12:06 AM)Frontcannon Wrote:
(01-08-2011, 10:06 PM)Xanthara Wrote: I think that may have been inspired by the living garden hedge animals in... Um... Stephen King's IT?

Wasn't that Shining?

YES. That. Thank you. ^.^;

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - Xanatos - 01-10-2011

(11-10-2010, 09:57 PM)Unreal Wrote: A few more pictures that change when you go insane would be great. Much like the painting at the top of the (i forget the name) room opposite of the Choir, at the top of the spiral stairs. I saw that and was like OMFGWJEOGJGOAJGIZOZRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN!!
I just discovered that on my second playthrough. After going nuts in the Transcept I needed to collect some blood from the drain...

"Oh wait, I need some string. There was some in the office at the top of the spiral staircase...*goes upstairs* Okay, got the string. Wait, maybe this artefact in the desk can help cure my insanity...*uses artefact* Nope, that didn't work. Guess I'll just go back out and WHAT THE CHRIST IS THAT?! AHHH, LEG IT! THE PAINTING IS TRYING TO KILL ME!"

RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - tickldkfiifo - 01-12-2011

(11-10-2010, 09:57 PM)Unreal Wrote: There is always room for improvement. If Amnesia is perfect, then Frictional has no where to go but down in their next game Wink

Who said they will be making a horror game?

I hope they mix it up with something a little different.

I personally don't want Frictional to turn out as a "One-Trick Pony"