Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Could not load AddOn batch file - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-74.html)
+--- Thread: Could not load AddOn batch file (/thread-56156.html)

Could not load AddOn batch file - oreo.uwu - 12-24-2018

Trying to play Soma with add-ons, for example Soma in Hard Mode, but every time I try to load up an add-on I get this error. I searched everywhere but there's only 2 or 3 posts about it and nobody knows how to fix this issue. Can somebody please help me fix this issue?

RE: Could not load AddOn batch file - Abion47 - 12-26-2018

Could you post the full error you are getting, or perhaps a screenshot of the window showing the error?

RE: Could not load AddOn batch file - Guest - 12-26-2018

[attachment=6563 Wrote:Abion47 pid='365488' dateline='1545846414'][attachment=6563][attachment=6563][attachment=6563]Could you post the full error you are getting, or perhaps a screenshot of the window showing the error?

RE: Could not load AddOn batch file - Abion47 - 12-26-2018

Is "C:/Users/Abigail.Desktop" the path to where Soma is installed on your computer? Also, what platform are you playing Soma on (e.g. Steam, GoG, etc.)?

RE: Could not load AddOn batch file - Guest - 12-26-2018

(12-26-2018, 07:24 PM)Abion47 Wrote: Is "C:/Users/Abigail.Desktop" the path to where Soma is installed on your computer? Also, what platform are you playing Soma on (e.g. Steam, GoG, etc.)?
I believe so and I only used Steam. Not too long ago I downloaded "SOMA Hard Mode" from ModDB to see if it solved the issue and I still got the same error.

RE: Could not load AddOn batch file - Abion47 - 12-28-2018

The path "C:/Users/Abigail.Desktop" on a Windows computer is typically the root path to your user files, assuming your username for the machine was "Abigail.Desktop". The error message implies that it's looking for the add-on files in that folder, which would be extremely unusual for them to be there. On Steam, the default install path would be "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/SOMA", and any add-on you download from the Workshop would be somewhere like "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/workshop/282140/<add_on_id_#>".

Could you try to load the add-on again? If it fails again, reply here with your "hpl.log" file attached. (Instructions on where to find it are at the bottom of this troubleshooting guide.)

RE: Could not load AddOn batch file - Guest - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 05:48 AM)Abion47 Wrote: The path "C:/Users/Abigail.Desktop" on a Windows computer is typically the root path to your user files, assuming your username for the machine was "Abigail.Desktop". The error message implies that it's looking for the add-on files in that folder, which would be extremely unusual for them to be there. On Steam, the default install path would be "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/SOMA", and any add-on you download from the Workshop would be somewhere like "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/workshop/282140/<add_on_id_#>".

Could you try to load the add-on again? If it fails again, reply here with your "hpl.log" file attached. (Instructions on where to find it are at the bottom of this troubleshooting guide.)
In the Launcher file **** Launching add-ons batch with command: I tried to switch them but got the same error.

RE: Could not load AddOn batch file - Abion47 - 12-29-2018

In the log file, it says it's trying to launch the file in the folder "C:\Users\Abigail.DESKTOP-DD4K4BS\AppData\Roaming/SOMAModLauncher". In your screenshot of the error message, however, the path stops at "C:/Users/Abigail.Desktop". My guess then is that the launcher for some reason doesn't like the dash in your username. My suggestion (annoyingly enough) is to make a new account on your computer without a dash, or to be completely safe, with only letters and numbers (no symbols or spaces). Then try launching the game while logged into that user and see if you get the same error.

RE: Could not load AddOn batch file - Guest - 12-30-2018

Turns out the dash is probably why I couldn't play SOMA with addons. My other account on my pc didn't give me the error when I started up the game with an addon. I did rename my pc, but in Users the name "Abigail.DESKTOP-DD4K4BS" is still there. For some odd reason I didn't give me an option to rename the file on my account, but my second account it gave me the option to rename it. Unfortunately, I got an error when trying to rename it. I'll figure out a way to fix it. For now I can only play SOMA with addons on my second account. Thanks for helping me out. I appreciate it.

RE: Could not load AddOn batch file - Mudbill - 12-30-2018

Great that you guys got to the bottom of this. I'll forward it and perhaps it can be fixed in a future software update to SOMA.