Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
This game has a lot of Overkill - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: This game has a lot of Overkill (/thread-5635.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

This game has a lot of Overkill - topkerrigun - 12-07-2010

Ok, so I barely started the game. I'm walking down some hall, and since I barely just started I am fairly sure there is no monsters yet.
But, the game acts like there is. I'm just walking down some hall, i hear footsteps, breathing...
meanwhile im trying to move forward, but daniel falls to the floor, and is scared shitless.
meanwhile, NOTHING HAS HAPPEND, AND I KNOW THERe ARE NO MONSTERS ANYWHERE NEAR ME YET. I AM BARELY A MINUTE INTO THE GAME.
and not only does this happen once, its everywhere. I can't walk anywhere without stumbling and falling and shitting my pants at the wind.

Dodgy

Look, scary games are fun, but I really am not into the whole "everywhere I walk i get scared shitless and i scream/fall/jump/shit my pants even though NOTHING has happened deal

so here is my Question....does this get better?
Do I ever get to walk around with a sense of normalcy? I don't mind things jumping out at me, but I'm not digging NOTHING jumping out at me and i'm like "wtf there is nothing here"

its just really hard to explore

RE: This game has a lot of Overkill - sagdashin - 12-07-2010

(12-07-2010, 12:24 AM)topkerrigun Wrote: Ok, so I barely started the game. I'm walking down some hall, and since I barely just started I am fairly sure there is no monsters yet.
But, the game acts like there is. I'm just walking down some hall, i hear footsteps, breathing...
meanwhile im trying to move forward, but daniel falls to the floor, and is scared shitless.
meanwhile, NOTHING HAS HAPPEND, AND I KNOW THERe ARE NO MONSTERS ANYWHERE NEAR ME YET. I AM BARELY A MINUTE INTO THE GAME.
and not only does this happen once, its everywhere. I can't walk anywhere without stumbling and falling and shitting my pants at the wind.

Dodgy

Look, scary games are fun, but I really am not into the whole "everywhere I walk i get scared shitless and i scream/fall/jump/shit my pants even though NOTHING has happened deal

Do I ever get to walk around with a sense of normalcy? I don't mind things jumping out at me, but I'm not digging NOTHING jumping out at me and i'm like "wtf there is nothing here"

well you could try to play more than one minute before commenting about that here. secondly amnesia is a psychological game; you hear stuff, see stuff and all that to make YOU as a player doody your pants. You are meant to THINK there's a monster around the corner etc, that's what making this game so scary: no weapons + sounds + things that doesn't make sense = you scared = you even more scared when the monster actually attacks you!

note: if you say to yourself that it is a game throughout your playthrough, your experience is lame. you need to live in to the gameplay as you actually was Daniel to really doody your pants big time.

RE: This game has a lot of Overkill - topkerrigun - 12-07-2010

(12-07-2010, 12:47 AM)sagdashin Wrote:
(12-07-2010, 12:24 AM)topkerrigun Wrote: Ok, so I barely started the game. I'm walking down some hall, and since I barely just started I am fairly sure there is no monsters yet.

Dodgy

well you could try to play more than one minute before commenting about that here. secondly amnesia is a psychological game; you hear stuff, see stuff and all that to make YOU as a player doody your pants. You are meant to THINK there's a monster around the corner etc, that's what making this game so scary: no weapons + sounds + things that doesn't make sense = you scared = you even more scared when the monster actually attacks you!

note: if you say to yourself that it is a game throughout your playthrough, your experience is lame. you need to live in to the gameplay as you actually was Daniel to really doody your pants big time.

your reply is annoying and does not pertain to the topic

RE: This game has a lot of Overkill - Alex7754 - 12-07-2010

the game will get better, It will have its high points of tension and places that are safe and allow you to breath and look around. The beggining sets the vibe that your in a strange place and will eventually ease to a much more steady pace. You exaggerate, you only fall on the ground once or twice throughout the game.

RE: This game has a lot of Overkill - Childerich - 12-07-2010

In my opinion, it does get "better". There a lots of these "false alarm" hallucinations at the beginning of the game, but they don't occur as often in later chapters of the game. You will be confronted with real threats, too, of course.

RE: This game has a lot of Overkill - Pandabro - 12-07-2010

(12-07-2010, 01:24 AM)Childerich Wrote: In my opinion, it does get "better". There a lots of these "false alarm" hallucinations at the beginning of the game, but they don't occur as often in later chapters of the game. You will be confronted with real threats, too, of course.

Yeah they stop then you have to be worried about the real thing Tongue.

RE: This game has a lot of Overkill - ving - 12-07-2010

I think anyone who has bought this game thinking its going to be an action packed, blowing up monsters adventure probably shouldnt have purchased the game. :/
To me the game is more about crapping your pants rather than monsters. its just not an action game. its all atmosphere and horror...

...it rocks Smile

RE: This game has a lot of Overkill - Spooder Wekd - 12-07-2010

Sounds like this guy is ignorant. (note his jackass reply to the first response, which was a valid one.)
He is also a pussy. (he is too scared to play the game without even meeting an enemy yet? damn...)
lastly he is impatient. (he played the first, what? 5 minutes of the game and wants reassurance that it won't be too scaawy! >.>
I really hope this dude does not respond to my post, cause I'll rip him to shreds...I have enough of these damn trolls on other forums, but Amnesia ones are usually nice, sorry for getting pissy about it...but he really should have played more of the game, and at least not attack the first person to offer help!

RE: This game has a lot of Overkill - hollowleviathan - 12-07-2010

The problem the OP is having is that he did not notice that Daniel had just drunk a very toxic amnesia poison that left him reeling and very woozy. The effects wear off and you're just left with yourself after a while. Have patience.

RE: This game has a lot of Overkill - ving - 12-07-2010

true. at first you cant even run properly... Smile