Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia collection Xbox one tanked framerates - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia collection Xbox one tanked framerates (/thread-56375.html)

Amnesia collection Xbox one tanked framerates - Just Raime - 05-26-2019

Hi guys I'm new to amnesia. I purchased the collection on Xbox one and I have been taking my time trying to play the dark descent and a machine for pigs. The issues that I'm having is that the framerates pretty bad on Xbox one and given the age of the game it should be able to run pretty smoothly on the hardware. The frames only tank when I start to light things. If I look in a direction that has tons of lights or even a single light the game starts to turn into a slide show. This is also on display for a machine for pigs as well. I don't want to try Christine because I have a gut feeling that it will be the same. Coming from Soma on Xbox one I'm used to lower framerates but Soma's not nearly as bad as this. The question I would like to ask is whether or not the Xbox one ports getting a patch. I can struggle on TDD but AMFP is not playable with it's framerate issues. Help please. ?

RE: Amnesia collection Xbox one tanked framerates - kirakatve - 05-31-2019

Hey! Sorry to hear you're having issues! Could you give us additional information so we could send it over to our porting partner and see if they can figure out what's wrong and make a patch?

What are your Xbox specs (is it the original/S/X & memory size)? And could you post screenshots of places where this happen (as in any kind of global light or torches etc)?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Amnesia collection Xbox one tanked framerates - Just Raime - 06-01-2019

(05-31-2019, 09:30 AM)kirakatve Wrote: Hey! Sorry to hear you're having issues! Could you give us additional information so we could send it over to our porting partner and see if they can figure out what's wrong and make a patch?

What are your Xbox specs (is it the original/S/X & memory size)? And could you post screenshots of places where this happen (as in any kind of global light or torches etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Okie doke here we go. I am running the collection on a stock Xbox one.

Here's it's specs

CPU: 8th Gen Octa Core 1.75 GHz AMD Jaguar

GPU: AMD Sea Islands

RAM: 8GB DDR3 @1.07 GHz

Storage: 500GB HDD, 1TB

Network Interface: 802.11n, Gigabit Ethernet

VR Support: No

Connectors: 3 x USB 3.0, HDMI input, HDMI output, LAN, SPDIF output

Release Date: November 2013

I want to send screen shots but getting them off the console is a huge pain in the ass and I have failed thus far. What I can tell is that it's at the start of both games for the dark descent and a machine for pigs. I don't know if this issue stretches thru the entire game as I've stopped playing it for now. It wasn't fun at 15-19 frames. The best that I can do it take notes about what triggers it

I know that the game runs more smoothly in dark areas. When I spin the camera there's a huge difference. Dark areas will pan normally  until the rotation gets around to any of the lit sections. When this section hits that entire section of the rotation experiences a mass frame drop when you look at it. Dark areas function at 25-30 frames. As soon as something is lit it drops to 19-21 frames. The more torches that are lit the more it drops. My record is getting it down to 13 frames. Normally I wouldn't light torches but it's apart of gameplay and are needed. Since most of the game has lit sections I so far have had to deal with the frame stutter constantly and it's not very fun imo. It makes it hard to navigate and even look around fluidly often screwing up me trying to trigger things as my view lags over things. Ty for looking at this guys. Please investigate the entire collection. I don't know how deep the issue runs. I enjoyed Soma and I want to enjoy amnesia. Honestly, I do. But I can't in it's current state ?