Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Penumbra Series (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support (/thread-589.html)

[Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support - osuperman - 03-08-2007

Hi there, I unfortunatley only got the boat section to work and I'm about to apply the snow crash fix, I was really enjoying the demo but one thing troubles me.

I have a widescreen monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1200 pixels, which isn't supported, infact widescreen resolutions don't seem to be supported at all. The maximum size I can get is just 1280x1024 pixels. Will the full game support widescreen resolutions? Or if not, a resolution higher than 1280x1024? (Or ideally both!?) Is there a fix for this problem?

RE: Widescreen & high resolution support - Thomas - 03-08-2007

I thought that we had added support for some widescreens. However, the simplest solution is to open settings.cfg in "My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode 1" and in:

Code:
<Screen Width="800" Height="600" FullScreen="true" Vsync="false" />

change "800" and "600" to the resolution that you want.

RE: Widescreen & high resolution support - osuperman - 03-08-2007

Thanks for your help Thomas! Didn't think to look there, it works perfectly & looks fantastic too!

RE: [Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support - Caffi - 04-30-2007

Hello.

I want to look around for info that will help me use my 16/9 tv (Witch i love playing games at, espesially games with good graphics) And i was wondering if in widescreen the game automatically changes the field of view?

RE: [Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support - gagoloth - 06-09-2009

Works good simple to find GJ

RE: [Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support - effbee - 07-18-2009

Problem solved!

RE: [Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support - Sexbad - 07-18-2009

What an epic first post.

RE: [Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support - wildwolf25 - 07-25-2009

Question though on this, what kind of program do I use to open that file?

RE: [Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support - patzi - 07-29-2009

(07-25-2009, 10:22 PM)wildwolf25 Wrote: Question though on this, what kind of program do I use to open that file?

It's really just a text/notepad file...no different than editing a notepad .txt file, if you know what I mean...hope that helps!

RE: [Solved] Widescreen & high resolution support - wildwolf25 - 08-07-2009

(07-29-2009, 04:15 AM)patzi Wrote:
(07-25-2009, 10:22 PM)wildwolf25 Wrote: Question though on this, what kind of program do I use to open that file?

It's really just a text/notepad file...no different than editing a notepad .txt file, if you know what I mean...hope that helps!

well my question is how do I open it? it asks me what program I want to use so do I just use notepad then save it back to the format it was in?