Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia - Scary Chart - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia - Scary Chart (/thread-6212.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Amnesia - Scary Chart - Hunter of Shadows - 06-27-2011

Quote:He didn't make himself look like a jackass. He just stood up for gay peoples' rights when somebody made an ignorant comment about them. Instead of blindly flaming, all he did was point out that different folks like different body parts. He did the right thing.

Your logic baffles me, how does flaming and flipping out over someone who made a comment which was most likely not serious not being a jackass?

As leviathan said, and I agree, Jet took his statement way too seriously

RE: Amnesia - Scary Chart - izyt - 08-16-2011

Here is my scary chart. A really intimidating and exciting game, but i finally made it!

[attachment=1864]

RE: Amnesia - Scary Chart - Age Awkward - 08-24-2011

[Image: ehiwza.jpg]

The water monsters are NOT scary. Why does everyone say they are?! Some parts that weren't scary but I was scared at the time were the library like areas and the part where you collect the ingredients to burn down the shadow covering the door. I was a bit disappointed with the Cistern. They could of at least had a hallucination monster walk out one of the doors in the control room or something. The morgue was quite scary but it was the one part of the game that I had watched before so I knew what was going to happen. Prison and Storage are obviously the most scary parts of the game but for me the Choir was very scary. I hate the big rooms.

RE: Amnesia - Scary Chart - Hunter of Shadows - 08-24-2011

Because to them they are, just because you feel they aren't doesn't make them not scary for other people, it's your opinion, quit trying to shove it down everyone's throats

RE: Amnesia - Scary Chart - Patacorow - 08-24-2011

[Image: 244nq5x.gif]

RE: Amnesia - Scary Chart - ZxBrad - 08-25-2011

... <---my sanity through out the whole game

RE: Amnesia - Scary Chart - BendyBread - 08-25-2011

(08-24-2011, 03:27 PM)Age Awkward Wrote: [Image: ehiwza.jpg]

The water monsters are NOT scary. Why does everyone say they are?! Some parts that weren't scary but I was scared at the time were the library like areas and the part where you collect the ingredients to burn down the shadow covering the door. I was a bit disappointed with the Cistern. They could of at least had a hallucination monster walk out one of the doors in the control room or something. The morgue was quite scary but it was the one part of the game that I had watched before so I knew what was going to happen. Prison and Storage are obviously the most scary parts of the game but for me the Choir was very scary. I hate the big rooms.

Your opinion =/= Everyone else's, so please back off if we find it scary and you don't.

RE: Amnesia - Scary Chart - Crtomir - 08-29-2011

I know I'm probably the only one that thinks the Archives are the scariest part of the game, but everything in that level is just... mindblowing for me. The weird sounds of wings flapping, moaning Grunts, the freaky sudden piano music, the notes about Gatherers and an Immortal Baron, the looping unworldly music or humming or whatever the hell plays in those rooms (also plays in the Nave too if I'm not mistaking), everything is just so perfect and frightening. There's no monsters and no real danger there, but that level is so atmospheric it makes me want to run naked through an old castle in Prussia and scream my heart out.
It's not as scary as the chart would seem to say, but I have to rate it the highest just because it's so awesome.

Archives, Storage and Prison are the three most atmospheric levels in this whole game. Mindblowingly awesome!

Edit: Water monster part was the most thrilling and tense. It's as awesome as the Storage.

RE: Amnesia - Scary Chart - Juby - 08-29-2011

[Image: rcm06p.jpg]

The Choir was just pure heart attacks for me. I encounter I think all 7 possible brute spawns. Not to mention all the other stuff like the ambiance and the actual rooms. The transept disturbed me greatly too.

RE: Amnesia - Scary Chart - gandalf91 - 08-31-2011

Sweet idea! Looks like this thread is pretty old, but I never saw it until now. I will deliberate on this then get back later. One thing I must note though, is my results may be skewed a little toward the start of the game. Over time I became more accustomed to the game and ultimately a bit more attuned to the scares. For instance, by the time I got to the brutes, I could at least drag myself to sneak about, even if I knew they were nearby. However, when I ran into the first grunt in the archive
Spoiler below!
which I didn't even know until after I played the game, ISN'T REALLY THERE!
I ran down the hall and hid in a closet for several minutes before peaking out!

(08-24-2011, 03:27 PM)Age Awkward Wrote: The water monsters are NOT scary. Why does everyone say they are?! Some parts that weren't scary but I was scared at the time were the library like areas and the part where you collect the ingredients to burn down the shadow covering the door. I was a bit disappointed with the Cistern. They could of at least had a hallucination monster walk out one of the doors in the control room or something. The morgue was quite scary but it was the one part of the game that I had watched before so I knew what was going to happen. Prison and Storage are obviously the most scary parts of the game but for me the Choir was very scary. I hate the big rooms.

Well, personally I found the water lurkers scary, yet I was one of the only people I can think of that did not find the Choir all that scary. Wink In fact, relative to every other level in the game, it falls somewhere in the middle of the pack, maybe even lower half for me...