Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The North American box art is terrible - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: The North American box art is terrible (/thread-6434.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The North American box art is terrible - Zoridium JackL - 01-31-2011

(01-31-2011, 05:22 PM)Niklas Wrote: is this actually real? is there going to be a box?

well yeah... why wouldn't there be?

RE: The North American box art is terrible - dmdmdm - 01-31-2011

That looks just awful. To be honest, it would be better not to have a boxed version at all instead of that hideous cover art.

RE: The North American box art is terrible - Googolplex - 01-31-2011

The american box art looks like shit.
But it's not for me, it's for the americans.
They have a terrible clichée and therefore they would have a box art like this one.
And I think, they don't like this game, because there are no guns and no explosions and no blood effects or massacres.

RE: The North American box art is terrible - JarrodTheBobo - 01-31-2011

(01-31-2011, 08:40 AM)Xanatos Wrote: Are Americans just that good at ruining other people's shit? The English language, television shows, foreign movies/videogame series, weapons, cars, food, art, music, politics, and at least six different countries.
im american and agree with all of that.

RE: The North American box art is terrible - NGW - 01-31-2011

Didn't even realize it was getting a release at retail in the US. Hate the box art, it doesn't really fit the game in any way. Still, will buy a retail copy to:

1) Have an actual physical copy, for various reasons such as display/collecting purposes, and to have it as a backup..just in case anything were to necessitate it.

2) Support Frictional even further.

RE: The North American box art is terrible - Arvuti - 01-31-2011

Voted north american just to troll, but seriously speaking its frictional games game. Cant they atleast remove the over the top monster from the cover ?

Also speaking about the covers, the reason why VALVe actually chose an cover what has nohting more than green backround, an zombie hand with 4 fingers and the title "left 4 dead" is that the cover actually got people intersted in the game, they did experiments with most covers they did and the hand one got the most attention.

RE: The North American box art is terrible - Zoridium JackL - 01-31-2011

(01-31-2011, 08:42 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Voted north american just to troll, but seriously speaking its frictional games game. Cant they atleast remove the over the top monster from the cover ?

Also speaking about the covers, the reason why VALVe actually chose an cover what has nohting more than green backround, an zombie hand with 4 fingers and the title "left 4 dead" is that the cover actually got people intersted in the game, they did experiments with most covers they did and the hand one got the most attention.

i doubt that frictional has any control over it now... it a shame because they probably paid to get that cover...

RE: The North American box art is terrible - Kein - 01-31-2011

Quote:I'm American, and I think the box art was terrible.
C'mon, no need to be american to see how terrible the box art is Tongue

RE: The North American box art is terrible - Arvuti - 01-31-2011

(01-31-2011, 09:51 PM)Zoridium JackL Wrote:
(01-31-2011, 08:42 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Voted north american just to troll, but seriously speaking its frictional games game. Cant they atleast remove the over the top monster from the cover ?

i doubt that frictional has any control over it now... it a shame because they probably paid to get that cover...

No offense to the creator of the cover art but for some reason I think that the maker of the cover art just thought "ehh some shity low budget "horror" game, will slap some shit together and get paid".

RE: The North American box art is terrible - Spooder Wekd - 02-01-2011

Although the new box art is disgusting, the old one was not great either. I thought i liked until I thought to myself "would I pick this up at a store, not knowing what it was going in?" Right away I knew I would not, in fact I may even chose the moronic disco fever new one over that one, because it says something. The art DEFINITELY needs to be re-done. Something like a dark corridor with a light at the end would get people more interested...