Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia ever on consoles? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia ever on consoles? (/thread-6524.html)

Pages: 1 2

Amnesia ever on consoles? - megladon8 - 02-09-2011

Is there any chance that "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" will ever rear its head on consoles?

I ask because it seems to have sold really well on PC. My girlfriend is a huge fan of horror gaming but only has a 360 and I'd love her to be able to check this one out.

RE: Amnesia ever on consoles? - Gharren - 02-09-2011

I think the physics engine is really hard to carry to console.

RE: Amnesia ever on consoles? - kailip - 02-10-2011

(02-09-2011, 11:06 PM)megladon8 Wrote: Is there any chance that "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" will ever rear its head on consoles?

I ask because it seems to have sold really well on PC. My girlfriend is a huge fan of horror gaming but only has a 360 and I'd love her to be able to check this one out.

No, there's no chance. :/

And I really think the experience would be ruined, playing a first person game on any joystick sucks balls.

RE: Amnesia ever on consoles? - Tanshaydar - 02-10-2011

ccc_NEVER_ccc

RE: Amnesia ever on consoles? - pedritti - 02-10-2011

Plus if it came out on console it would cost 50 bucks which i think is too much given the games content.

RE: Amnesia ever on consoles? - Zopy - 02-10-2011

(02-10-2011, 03:13 AM)pedritti Wrote: Plus if it came out on console it would cost 50 bucks which i think is too much given the games content.

Not necessarily. It'd likely be a downloadable game you get in the XBL or PSN Marketplace. Those games are usually fairly priced.

RE: Amnesia ever on consoles? - GraphicsKid - 02-10-2011

XBLA games are capped off at 2.1 GB, so Amnesia is well within the requirements for an XBLA game.

RE: Amnesia ever on consoles? - Kein - 02-10-2011

I hope it will be NEVER released on consoles.

We want our exclusive.
We dont' want frictional Games be turned into casual retarded crap (like most console games).

RE: Amnesia ever on consoles? - ChrisR91 - 02-10-2011

Kein, calm down

Honestly if we can have a way for us to use Headphones as well as incorporate Kinect or any kind of motion control to it, then maybe it would work with consoles. Or just be another silly gimmick.

But if using a controller it could work, I mean I tested Joytokey with Penumbra using an Xbox 360 controller and it felt alright. But I have grown up on consoles so it just may feel right to me

RE: Amnesia ever on consoles? - Tanshaydar - 02-10-2011

Xbox uses DirectX, HPL uses OpenGL. If you are willing to convert HPL to Xbox architecture, then you are welcome to want a console port.

PS. You need make the control scheme to work with Kinect, too.

All console wanters just talk. And there are others who sees the big picture.