Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED) (/thread-6949.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - Dark Knight - 04-02-2011

ok man, tell the date of release that Great map?

Tongue

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - skypeskype - 04-04-2011

(03-31-2011, 05:58 PM)Leu Radu Wrote: I don't know (yet) if this is possible... but it would be cool if you could make the breath visible in very cold areas with a particle effect. Is that even possible?

Good idea! Try contacting frictional games and tell them about it. they might actually use it in their next game.

Cheers!

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - Streetboat - 05-18-2011

[Image: farnsworth.jpg]
Good news, everyone!
I started working on the story again now that it's the summer! Here's what I made today.
[Image: Amnesia9.jpg]

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - skypeskype - 05-18-2011

WOW, great news. Cant wait to play it.

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - Gunslingerjh - 05-18-2011

Looking good indeed!

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - betafotball - 05-18-2011

WOW! I am blown away of your fantastic work. Keep working and I think you will have the best map ever. Cool

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - RikeuAmeva - 05-18-2011

Totally looking forward to this, looks amazing so far~

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - Crabski - 05-18-2011

WOW! Looks awesome so far Streetboat!

I have no idea what your current design for the map are, but the title and story got me excited for something: starting the game in a blizzard! That was one of the coolest parts of Penumbra, as it really gave flavor to the whole experience. Nothing like those wind-whipping noises and a flurry of white fog to motivate me to get into the experience. Big Grin

I have literally zero experience using the modding tools though, so I have no idea how difficult/labor intensive this might be.

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - Streetboat - 05-19-2011

Extremely. Tongue I have plenty of custom particle effects to make, and I haven't even tackled that yet. I need to finish the level design and scripts first, but the story is coming nicely together, and I'm happy with how it's working out. It's coming to a point where I should be able to come up with a 'fake ending' for the demo to be done with.

Right now, it's not actually all that snowy. Once I make some particle effects, though, it should look great. Smile

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - betafotball - 05-19-2011

(05-19-2011, 07:52 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Extremely. Tongue I have plenty of custom particle effects to make, and I haven't even tackled that yet. I need to finish the level design and scripts first, but the story is coming nicely together, and I'm happy with how it's working out. It's coming to a point where I should be able to come up with a 'fake ending' for the demo to be done with.

Right now, it's not actually all that snowy. Once I make some particle effects, though, it should look great. Smile

That sounds so cool.