Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED) (/thread-6949.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - Streetboat - 05-22-2011

Packaging it now!

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - RawkBandMan - 05-22-2011

(05-22-2011, 02:37 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Packaging it now!

Whoo hoo! Tell me, is it the demo or the Full Release in like Beta form?

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - Kyle - 05-22-2011

Now I just have to wait patiently...

*taps foot vigorously*

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story WIP) - Streetboat - 05-22-2011

Here it is, everyone!

This is the demo form of the story, if people like it I can continue with the story. There are unanswered questions, I left the ending with something of a cliffhanger. Enjoy! Wink

I forgot installation notes. You need to drag and drop the contents of the .rar into your main Amnesia folder, and click 'Overwrite' to all that it asks. This process will put all the custom particles and entities in the appropriate folders. Do NOT put the folders in your custom_stories folder, as one is already included. Make sure you put them all in the main folder.

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED) - Kyle - 05-22-2011

Yay! Gonna go try it right now. Smile
Good job on it! Tongue

Spoiler below!

It was pretty good until I died from the monster after I unlocked the door with the key in the room where the player says something about hallucinations and how all the lights turn on and stuff.

As far as I got, 9.5/10

You gave that good sense of feeling alone or trapped at first with puzzles involved. I kind of liked it how when they player dies, it ends the game. :p

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED) - Streetboat - 05-22-2011

Did you keep trying after the monster killed you? Tongue There are two ways to get away from that monster, assuming my scripts didn't bug out. :/

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED) - Kyle - 05-22-2011

(05-22-2011, 04:01 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Did you keep trying after the monster killed you? Tongue There are two ways to get away from that monster, assuming my scripts didn't bug out. :/

Nothing is wrong with your scripts. Smile

It's just that once I unlocked the door, I rand through and shut it behind me, which put me next to the monster. :p

hahaha ok that's relieving. I was worried that my scripts wouldn't do what they were supposed to. I tested it thoroughly, so I hope all the bugs are ironed out.

RE: Snowed In (Custom Story DEMO RELEASED) - RikeuAmeva - 05-22-2011

Absolutely stunning... Comments in spoiler tags.

Spoiler below!
First ever custom story I've played that used the flashback effect, amazing job, I loved it! Also, having to light the furnace in the workshop in order to 'think clearly' (not sure if that was purely for aesthetic purposes or if it actually had an impact such as making the note detailing the key in the shirt pocket appear, but regardless that was a very nice touch).

Also, the light coming through the door to the House, totally won me over, very, -very- creative! I look forward to playing this when the full version comes out.

Edit: Aha, I managed to stay hidden from the Brute that time, but died in the Main Hall D:

Again, keep up the great work!

Update: I did some more post-testing and found a really silly solution to one of the puzzles that would have let you completely bypass the puzzle in the study. If you haven't downloaded the story yet, don't worry, I replaced the link in both posts. If you have, however, already played it and would like to see the difference, download the new link and play through the study again. I can't believe I made the solution so accidentally simple.

RikeuAmeva:
Spoiler below!
Try unlocking the door without turning on the fire first. Wink