Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Finished Custom Models for Download - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Resources (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-42.html)
+---- Thread: Finished Custom Models for Download (/thread-7494.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Finished Custom Models for Download - Phoroneus - 08-14-2011

(08-12-2011, 07:48 AM)Selyp Wrote: These are phenomonal! If any of you modelers are taking suggestions, I would love to see an old wooden rowboat, and possible the oars to go with it as separate entities.

I need a break from Harvest, so consider this request under way. There was also a request a while back for a torch that could be carried, which is one of the staples of Harvest, so I'll post the entity files somewhere ASAP (includes the actual grabbable/carryable torch object and a modified sconce that can hold said torch). I'm still working on making the torch "light-able" so that the player can find an unlit torch, light it, and then carry it, but I'll get to it eventually.

There's a video of the torch in action on the Harvest ModDB page (linked in my sig) if people want to see what I'm talking about. Meanwhile, I'll get started on the boat.

Specifics, though: how big, how many seats? Like the ones from Half-Life 2, roughly? Those looked to be about four or six meters long, if I recall correctly.

RE: Finished Custom Models for Download - Rapture - 08-14-2011

(08-14-2011, 11:42 PM)Phoroneus Wrote: I need a break from Harvest, so consider this request under way. There was also a request a while back for a torch that could be carried, which is one of the staples of Harvest, so I'll post the entity files somewhere ASAP (includes the actual grabbable/carryable torch object and a modified sconce that can hold said torch). I'm still working on making the torch "light-able" so that the player can find an unlit torch, light it, and then carry it, but I'll get to it eventually.

There's a video of the torch in action on the Harvest ModDB page (linked in my sig) if people want to see what I'm talking about. Meanwhile, I'll get started on the boat.

Specifics, though: how big, how many seats? Like the ones from Half-Life 2, roughly? Those looked to be about four or six meters long, if I recall correctly.
That torch was amazing.

Btw any chance anyone could make some cool crystal formations? Big Grin

I'd love to make a huge cavern filled with a vibrant amount of crystal colors.

RE: Finished Custom Models for Download - Selyp - 08-14-2011

(08-14-2011, 11:47 PM)Rapture Wrote: Btw any chance anyone could make some cool crystal formations? Big Grin

I'd love to make a huge cavern filled with a vibrant amount of crystal colors.

I have been doing this by using the orb pieces and setting them to static objects. Then by using billboards you can make them glow pretty nicely.

As for the boat, thank you! You rock. Probably like 4 seats? Nothing too big.

RE: Finished Custom Models for Download - Phoroneus - 08-15-2011

Ok, I've fine tuned the torch and sconce to be as close to identical to the original torch as possible. Where should I upload it to? Any recommendations or should I just upload it to whatever I can find? Does ModDB host files other than full mod releases?

RE: Finished Custom Models for Download - Selyp - 08-15-2011

On ModDB if you go to Amnesia, and click on AddOns instead of mods, there are some models that have been uploaded.

Uploaded to ModDB. Once it clears authentication I'll post a link.

And I'm thinking of upping the quality for Harvest's actual release, so when and if that happens I'll update the file on ModDB as well.
Now on to that boat...
Actually scratch that. I don't have class tomorrow. Sorry, Selyp, your boat will have to wait until tomorrow. The only thing I'll be "modeling" tonight is a bottle... or several.

RE: Finished Custom Models for Download - Selyp - 08-15-2011

Haha. No rush. I appreciate that you're working on it, no need to hurry.

Back sooner than I thought. And a bit more... "inspired" than I thought. The temptation to create a model just so I can laugh at myself in the morning is strong. I think I will. Of course, if it turns out I'm somehow the drunken master of 3D modeling, I'll share the result with the world.

Actually I might share the result regardless, though I'll only post it here if it's actually worth a download. Otherwise it'll get its own thread with pics so everyone can laugh at me like I rightly deserve.

RE: Finished Custom Models for Download - plutomaniac - 08-15-2011

(08-15-2011, 02:07 AM)Phoroneus Wrote: Ok, I've fine tuned the torch and sconce to be as close to identical to the original torch as possible. Where should I upload it to? Any recommendations or should I just upload it to whatever I can find? Does ModDB host files other than full mod releases?

You could add it to the Addons sections of your Harvest Moddb page

(08-15-2011, 08:28 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(08-15-2011, 02:07 AM)Phoroneus Wrote: Ok, I've fine tuned the torch and sconce to be as close to identical to the original torch as possible. Where should I upload it to? Any recommendations or should I just upload it to whatever I can find? Does ModDB host files other than full mod releases?

You could add it to the Addons sections of your Harvest Moddb page

I did do. I'm just waiting for it to clear authentication now, so I can put a link up for people. As it's the weekend and almost 4am (my time), I'm not sure how long it'll take. Could be a day or two.

Edit: Oh look, a handy attachment utility. Uploading the .zip file now, if people don't want to wait for the ModDB link. Instructions are in the readme.