Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic (/thread-7561.html)

RE: What's scarier: The Dark Descent or Justine? - vixenVIPER - 08-13-2012

(08-13-2012, 06:21 AM)Chronofox Wrote: I actually thought that Justine was unfairly difficult at the water monster part. It took me four hours to rescue all three prisoners because I kept dying at the sewer section, which forced me to have to redo the whole stacking crates thing again at prisoner one. The timing to save prisoner three is impeccable. You literally have to ignore all else and make a beeline for the cogwheel after getting past the first door, and you can't stop running either - walking for even one second would probably screw you over. But the part where you actually have to turn the wheel to save the prisoner is by far the most intense. I swear, if I had been slower by half a second to get the job done, the suitor would've gotten me.
I've not attempted to save the guys yet, but when you're at the last door, open it JUST enough to be able to crawl under it, then close it behind you. Saves a lot of time!

RE: What's scarier: The Dark Descent or Justine? - Damascus Rose - 08-13-2012

(08-13-2012, 06:21 AM)Chronofox Wrote: I actually thought that Justine was unfairly difficult at the water monster part. It took me four hours to rescue all three prisoners because I kept dying at the sewer section, which forced me to have to redo the whole stacking crates thing again at prisoner one. The timing to save prisoner three is impeccable. You literally have to ignore all else and make a beeline for the cogwheel after getting past the first door, and you can't stop running either - walking for even one second would probably screw you over. But the part where you actually have to turn the wheel to save the prisoner is by far the most intense. I swear, if I had been slower by half a second to get the job done, the suitor would've gotten me.
Actually what I've done in that part is wait until the suitor is actually patrolling the area, and I hide behind the pillar things waiting until he turns around to close the door on the prisoner. Then do the same thing to open the exit door and run like hell.

RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter - The shadow - 10-06-2012

prison cells= 5
tunnels= 8
library= 4
potato room= 9
dungeon= 10
crypts= 6
creepy hallways= 2

RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter - Kman - 10-06-2012

Inb4 Robosprog posts "Holy thread resurrection Batman!".

RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter - Macgyverthehero - 10-06-2012

Prison Cells = 4
This part scared me twice because when I heard the suitor for the second time I hid at one of the dead ends in the hall. Also when I opened a door next to the cell where the man was I shit myself.

Narrow Tunnels = 5
This part was so damn scary, I thought there was another new monster that would crawl at me when I heard the scary moans.

Library = 2
I was not too scared here, but I was scared mostly because I did not want to kill the priest guy.

Potato Room = 6
When the Suitor came into the area I was shitting myself, I thought he would see me and then chase me, but then I realized he can't see me but hear me. Then after that when I was heading to the exit I shit myself more when the loud chase music started playing and I just ran for my life.

Sewers = 7
When I came to the sewers for the first time I knew shit was gonna go down. When I got the lever, put it in place, and pulled it I got so damn scared I ran back into the room where I got the lever and hid in there for several minutes. I died many times at the sewers, and it took lots of courage to get through this and save the man once and for all.

Crypt = 3
After Finally getting past the sewers I knew I was safe from the monsters that were set behind me. But the crypt was creepy as hell, even more at the hallways when there was the messages. The halls scared me because it looked like a good place for another monster to come around.

The Moving Wall Room = 5
I was never expecting what was going to happen here, When I heard the music getting faster I thought that a door was opening, until I noticed the walls were closing in and that had me in panic. I had to quickly do something so I threw as much boxes and rocks at the moving gears to see if I could stop the walls, but then the walls covered the gears and I thought I was fucked.

I have a fear of walls closing in on me. Since the movie Star Wars: A New Hope.

RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter - Robby - 10-06-2012

I'm not sure if resurrecting this thread was a really good idea.

Post #23.

RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter - palistov - 10-07-2012

Prison Cells: NOPE
Narrow Tunnels: NOPE
Library: NOPE
Potato Room: NOPE NOPE NOPE
Sewers: NOOOOOOOOOPE
Dark Narrow Corridor: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOOOOOOOOOOPE NOPE!

RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter - Melvin - 10-07-2012

Prison Cells: WHERE IS THAT FCKING LADDER PART.

Narrow Tunnels: Eyes squeezed, f*ck this shit and run.

Libraby: Accidently killed a man. God damnit.

Potato Room: I fell unconscious several times while Basile was 3 meters in front of me. Scared as hell.

Sewers: FEAR (F*ck everything and run)

Moving Wall Room: HOW THE HELL DO I STOP THAT GEAR, UGHHH NOOO!!! ow.

That's mine.

RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter - Statyk - 10-07-2012

(10-06-2012, 04:42 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I'm not sure if resurrecting this thread was a really good idea.

Post #23.
As long as people are staying on topic, resurrecting is fine in my opinion.

RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter - Robby - 10-07-2012

(10-07-2012, 04:36 PM)Statyk Wrote: As long as people are staying on topic, resurrecting is fine in my opinion.
Well, Scraper proved the opposite to me once.