Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic (/thread-7561.html)

RE: [Justine] La rose et l'abeille - Froge - 12-08-2012

No, it's the same one. The characters in Justine are french.

RE: [Justine] La rose et l'abeille - Larai - 12-08-2012

(12-08-2012, 02:07 AM)Chronofox Wrote: No, it's the same one. The characters in Justine are french.
Yep, I know that they are French, I guess my phraseology is a bit weird. Wink
I don't understand the comments on Youtube, as they are written in French. But as far as I understand them, the song uploaded on YT is by Mozart, while the piece mentioned in Amnesia:Justine is composed by Bizet (and as far as I can see, Bizet has indeed composed a song by that name - but I can't find a video/soundfile of it anywhere).

RE: [Justine] La rose et l'abeille - Earthykiller127 - 12-22-2012

im french and i understand english
so why english dont understand french...

RE: [Justine] La rose et l'abeille - CorinthianMerchant - 12-22-2012

(12-22-2012, 05:17 PM)Earthykiller127 Wrote: im french and i understand english
Parce que le francais est parlé par moins de personnes, et n'est donc pas enseigné dans la même mesure que anglais.

RE: [Justine] La rose et l'abeille - Earthykiller127 - 12-22-2012

(12-22-2012, 05:30 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
Parce que le francais est parlé par moins de personnes, et n'est donc pas enseigné dans la même mesure que anglais.

5$ you google translated your message.
10$ you thought it would be more easy for me if you translated your message to french. For some reason, NO. For weird reason im speaking better the english than french
(wtf? french teacher is drunk?)

RE: [Justine] La rose et l'abeille - felixmole - 12-22-2012

(12-22-2012, 05:54 PM)Earthykiller127 Wrote: For weird reason im speaking better the english than french
Sounds like an overstatement. Just by reading this piece of text Big Grin

RE: [Justine] La rose et l'abeille - maarten12100 - 12-23-2012

Because it isn't a world language like Chinese Indian or English simple as that.
Even German outnumbers French by far.

Second it is an extremly hard language as it is nothing alike my native tongue Dutch goes easy with English and German while French is hard for me to understand.

RE: [Justine] La rose et l'abeille - Earthykiller127 - 12-23-2012

(12-23-2012, 02:43 AM)maarten12100 Wrote:
Because it isn't a world language like Chinese Indian or English simple as that.
Even German outnumbers French by far.

Second it is an extremly hard language as it is nothing alike my native tongue Dutch goes easy with English and German while French is hard for me to understand.

frech fries is easy to understand [Image: 5120086.jpg]

RE: [Justine] La rose et l'abeille - Larai - 12-23-2012

Ummm..well, I had French classes in school. Besides my mother tongue (which isn't English) I speak 4 foreign languages - so sorry if my French isn't too good. Wink (never learned Dutch I actually understand Dutch better than French indeed o.O)

But could we maybe stop discussing this and focus on the actual question?^^

Justine: 10 questions. - Tommyboypsp - 03-10-2013

I've just completed Justine again, and I just ran into a lot of questions.
I'll list them, I hope some of you can give me your view on these things.

1. Since you play as Justine, how come you're a normal, sane person? (assuming you're a sane person in real life, lol) This would mean that by drinking the Amnesia potion, Justine's personality was reset, and it didn't only make her forget, it also made her a 'normal' person. This doesn't make sense to me. As soon as she regains her memory in the room with the closing walls, she becomes her insane self again..

2. How do the prisoners escape? They're all tied up (assuming the priest is the one on the painting), and they'd have to get past the suitors. How do they follow Justine if you save them?

3. Is the dark place with the second suitor beneath the first map, with the first prisoner? (just curious)

4. How come all suitors look the same? Were FG feeling lazy? I mean, one of them is a simple musician, while another is someone who does heavy work for a living. Surely they didn't have the same physique?

5. Why is the map layout so weird? You have a lot of prison cells, just randomly located inbetween a library, a storage and an underground graveyard..

6. Also, why is it so 'open'? At the end, Justine walks up a staircase, and she's in the 'normal' house. All Clarice has to do, is just open a door and walk down and she'll find a room with closing walls, 3 prisoners (either dead or alive), and the suitors.

7. After the first prisoner, you go into this shaft and crawl around.. what is the purpose of this shaft?

8. How are so many candles lit? Did Justine light all of them before drinking the Amnesia potion?

9. How is the last suitor able to bash through metal doors? Surely he is angry and therefore stronger, but a metal door? And if he can, what's the point in saving the policeman? If the suitor can bash through metal doors, he can surely bash through that door aswell, so no point in closing it. Also, why doesn't he bash through the door between the water map and the graveyard map? Sure, for us it's a door that's inbetween 2 maps, but in the story, it's a normal door like any other. So he should be able to get through it, especially when he's chasing you.

10. Why do some of the prisoners assume you aren't Justine? They act as if there would just be a normal person walking inbetween a bunch of monsters and a psycopath.