Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia (/thread-8733.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - Synatic - 06-24-2011

(06-24-2011, 06:51 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: SS means screenshot, what's the difference?

SS means Schutzstaffel, screenshot is screenshot, SS is automaticly associated with the second world war :<

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - BlueFury - 06-24-2011

(06-24-2011, 06:51 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: Use source dude. It never let me down yet. It's really nice and easy to use. For projects like the one you want it is pretty good. Or you can modify HPL1. Unity3d also has an abrangent support for different system, but it requires a certain ammount of knowledge in both programming and 3d design to use. Under source as you know it's intuitive and you've got a HUGE support from the dev community and lots of mods to inspire on.

SS means screenshot, what's the difference?

i know it, unity is way too hard

and ss means nazi stuff tooTongue

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - nemesis567 - 06-24-2011

Oh, the SS. Ok, I'll never use it again.

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - Sexbad - 06-24-2011

(06-24-2011, 06:44 PM)BlueFury Wrote: bloom? ugly? i think its beautiful if you use it the right way

I agree. I said that UE3's bloom effect is hideous.

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - BlueFury - 06-24-2011

(06-24-2011, 10:57 PM)Lee Wrote:
(06-24-2011, 06:44 PM)BlueFury Wrote: bloom? ugly? i think its beautiful if you use it the right way

I agree. I said that UE3's bloom effect is hideous.

hideous. oh sorry, yeah im dutch sorry
i dont know much english words hideous sounds a bit negative
and yeah its true, i will first try contacting jens or thomas

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - spukrian - 06-25-2011

Well, if you have (or don't have) weapons in the game, doesn't really matter to me. But I would like to be able to effectively block doors, so you can hinder the monsters progress. If that is possible, that is.

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - BlueFury - 06-25-2011

(06-25-2011, 08:34 PM)spukrian Wrote: Well, if you have (or don't have) weapons in the game, doesn't really matter to me. But I would like to be able to effectively block doors, so you can hinder the monsters progress. If that is possible, that is.

of course. blocking doors. same way of opening doors. and beartrapsBig Grin

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - nemesis567 - 06-25-2011

In Amnesia you can't really block doors.

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - BlueFury - 06-26-2011

(06-25-2011, 11:53 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: In Amnesia you can't really block doors.

but you can put boxes and barrels in front of it to make a barricade
the ghouls arent strong enough to break doors open, so you can lose them easily. however they have lights and kill you almost instantly

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - Fidofidder - 06-26-2011

In the later phases of the game are you considering a beta period?
(06-26-2011, 01:55 PM)Fidofidder Wrote: In the later phases of the game are you considering a beta period?

I also forgot to ask on my last post if Paracusia will have a physics engine and if so if it will be different from Amnesia and Penumbra.