Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Envy the Dead - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Envy the Dead (/thread-8752.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Envy the Dead - plutomaniac - 02-14-2013

Hi everyone,

Today I started working again on EtD. I setup Amnesia again, now from steam so that I can quickly do file repairs, and I'm having a problem. Well basically I don't want any game file to be overwritten so every EtD file is under one folder. I cannot however make the flashlight work no matter what I do. Of course I have added EtD/models to resources.cfg. It keeps reading the normal lantern files. Before, I had the original lantern overwritten.

Here(not new but nice looking I hope):

[Image: Amnesia_2013-02-14_01-32-08-95.png]

RE: Envy the Dead - Acies - 02-14-2013

Try adding the line pointing to the directory for your lantern above the directory for the amnesia lantern. Otherwise it might be a naming issue (folders/files etc)..?

(02-14-2013, 02:30 AM)Acies Wrote: Try adding the line pointing to the directory for your lantern above the directory for the amnesia lantern. Otherwise it might be a naming issue (folders/files etc)..?

Thank you Acies. Indeed placing the EtD/ entries first fixed the flashlight. Who knows, maybe more stuff that I didn't even realize.

Guys, those who know modeling etc... I'd like to work with you from time to time to fix certain stuff or you know...make the monsters but for now I really want to fix those bad normals and length is not 1 errors that makes the log 400KB every time. If someone wants to help (of course credits will be given) let me know. I know nothing about modeling and I don't intend to learn as of yet. I used to be able to fix bad normals (I fixed plenty at WN) but I don't remember how nowadays.

Also, kind of similar. What about the level editor? Is there a way to tell it to load entities for the EtD/entities folder etc...? I have edited the resources of the main folder.

Do you think I should make a separate thread about any development questions/problems concerning EtD? When done I will merge them but for now it will be easier for those who help to keep track of any new questions.

Edit: Ok, for questions/problems here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20332.html Those who can help please check the other one too from now and then... Smile

RE: Envy the Dead - MLSHK - 02-16-2013

There are some UV Unpack and things like that that do nothing. What I need is to extract the textures so that I can make a .mat file, right? I don't know how to do this.Dodgy [Image: apple]

RE: Envy the Dead - plutomaniac - 02-16-2013

I don't understand what you are saying. Can you elaborate?

RE: Envy the Dead - MLSHK - 02-18-2013

The only one that i have found for Linux that did not crash on me and was actually pretty easy to use and had some of the features i was looking for was OpenShot video editor. It is pretty new compared to the other ones, but i would definitely place it as number 1 for Linux video editors.Cool[Image: apple]

RE: Envy the Dead - plutomaniac - 02-18-2013

(02-18-2013, 03:40 AM)MLSHK Wrote: The only one that i have found for Linux that did not crash on me and was actually pretty easy to use and had some of the features i was looking for was OpenShot video editor. It is pretty new compared to the other ones, but i would definitely place it as number 1 for Linux video editors.Cool[Image: apple]

Stop spammingExclamation

RE: Envy the Dead - MLSHK - 02-20-2013

He is looking for the same editor like me. Something more than Windows Live Movie Maker but less than Sony Vegas Studio etcIdea[Image: apple]

RE: Envy the Dead - plutomaniac - 02-20-2013

Most of your posts seems irrelevant to the main topic of each thread. Explain please. Most people would have already banned you.